So inspired by this somewhat sobering thread, I wanted to open up this new thread to let the community express any changes or suggestions to help make the experience better for you on WSO... while we are not dying like suggested in that thread, I always believe there is room for improvement and listening to the people in the community hasn't led us astray in over 14yrs... so let's do this.
Based on some of the comments from that other thread, I know there are split opinions on whether WSO needs or should invest the resources to build a mobile app for iOS and Android. I'd love to hear more opinions on this...if we do invest the resources to create and maintain mobile apps for WSO, what would you like to see that you aren't seeing/getting when you pull up WSO on your mobile browser?
I know we'd be able to do more smart push notifications (for when someone replied to your threads, etc instead of just emails) and potentially some cool things with meetups and GEO location...anything else? Speed?
Some other recent investments/initiatives we've been working on for WSO over the past ~6 months:
- Design: Completely new design for the forum container pages (plus more obvious filters to make it easier to find the top content by week, month, year and all time)
- New Company Database design - completely new Company pages, interview pages, salary pages, review pages to help make filtering and finding data easier
- New Video Library design - long overdue for our interview course clients
- Collapsed nested comments to help reduce distractions of side discussions for casual readers (this is brand new)...and new quote design to make it more obvious (just pushed today!)
- Major investment into speed over the past 3-4 weeks. Trying to make the site load faster, especially on mobile for better UX
- Major upgrades coming to the Investment Banking Interview Course (specifically the technical questions module) and Private Equity Interview Course (new badass module - will tell more later)
As always, thank you for taking the time to make us better!
ps - we've also launched The Talent Oasis and the response has been simply awesome (yes, we actually give you a free hour of Wall St Mentors if you make it to a final round with one of our clients :-) -- so encourage you to check new jobs flowing in every week on there!