How is UBS in 2021?

So I’ve read almost all of the posts about UBS from earlier, but still want to get a feel for what the group is like in 2021. What are their strongest groups? How are TMT, LevFin, M&A, GIG, FIG, etc? Are the SF TMT departures concerning? Are there any groups that you guys would NOT recommend at UBS? Will they continue to have a larger focus on M&A and advisory or is their long-term strategy all based around PWM

Is comp at street levels? What perks will analysts get at the office (like meal comp etc)? What are exit ops to PE like? Is it a good place to start out and is it a sustainable place to have a long term career and to try to move up the ladder at?

and finally, bull or bear, that is the real question ;) 

Let’s say I signed an offer for SA 2022 and really wanted to do TMT over everything else. Should I be worried? 

Most Helpful

They're currently trying to hire new MDs but considering several people have already left and will continue to leave and given COVID, you're basically going to be entering a new group altogether. The culture is going to be changed drastically depending on the new MDs and no one is going to know each other given the massive turnover. Extremely unpredictable: I can't even confidently say that experienced and tenured associates and directors will stay because they've spent so much time building relationships with seniors who left that it doesn't make sense for them to stay either. So in other words, the whole group is going to be new people and a whole new group. I would assume all laterals: ironically, just like in 2016, when the group first came back after the UBS-LA Moelis catastrophe.

Have a friend in GIG who claims they win mandates and do well but also seems like a tough culture. Think they do well in auto and services

Blanditiis ipsum nulla ea iste animi sit voluptates. Voluptatibus et aperiam est eius ut. Aut iusto in autem saepe consectetur nihil sint. Aliquam eos cumque asperiores ratione. Corporis aliquam iusto quod.

Nam recusandae sint sint temporibus commodi blanditiis. A possimus sint aut quo aut. Reiciendis commodi dolor itaque. Ratione sunt perspiciatis sint labore officiis ipsam doloremque. Placeat voluptatem sint aut architecto eum et similique eum. Nisi labore porro est totam sit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”