How to decline offer twice?(asked for it back and received) it)

I wasn't able to decide between 2 offers, and declined one. but after 4 days, i regreted and asked for it back.

Manager was a bit confused, but he had me promise him that i join him this time. And told me "I took full responsibility before directors that you will join us, since we need a worker asap".

i agreed on his terms. But today i've received offer from my dream company with TC 40%+ more.

What should i do here? any tips please

That manager is Head Of Product Analytics, and i guess he has some connections in the industry. But at the same time i don't wanna pass on my opportuinity

WSO Elite Modeling Package

  • 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (24)

Most Helpful
Sep 23, 2021 - 9:48am

Bro why didn't you just ask for more time to decide?? If you had said if I could please have a week to make decision you would have been fine. You're going to burn bridges here either way. You can try to take the job at that place and then lateral to your dream job. But in essence you've fucked yourself 

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Analyst 1 in IB - Cov
Sep 23, 2021 - 3:17pm

Jesus christ LMFAO usually I would say do what is best for you because the company would treat you the same, but I have never heard of a company accepting, then rejecting, then accepting an applicant. Just take the L and stick to your word. 

Sep 23, 2021 - 3:33pm

I'll give you the next level play: accept both and decide later.

After you get a sample of each then you can decide which one you want to keep. 

Just had my trade dispute rejected by Schwab for a loss of 35k. This single issue alone should be a gigantic red flag to anyone who trades on their platform.

If they have a system error, and you do not video record your trading (they actually said this), they will not honour their fuck up. Switching everything away from them. Fuck this company.

  • 2
Sep 23, 2021 - 6:02pm

This is hilarious ive never seen this lmao. You're going to look like a massive ass either way. This actually reminds me of that bit from Parks and Rec where Adam would interview with that accounting firm. They would be super excited that he was joining and then he would go do something else.

Sep 24, 2021 - 12:53pm

Take the one you promised. Man is nothing but his word. If you walk back on your word it will bleed into other areas of your life sooner or later and before you know it, your promises and commitments will all become worthless both to yourself and to others.  

Sep 25, 2021 - 10:48pm

Ut quas laudantium repudiandae dolorem assumenda. Perspiciatis velit et est corrupti veniam omnis nostrum harum. Minus corrupti rerum asperiores sed. Aperiam odio sunt iure totam. Rerum necessitatibus non labore perferendis minima non eius.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

October 2021 Investment Banking

  • Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (39) $363
  • Associates (229) $233
  • 2nd Year Analyst (139) $155
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (32) $149
  • Intern/Summer Associate (104) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (504) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (387) $83