If I offer $12,000 to Georgetown in my essay, will they accept me?

I really want to go to Georgetown for some reason, something about the name idk. It's really prestigious too, it places a lot of folks into Goldman Sachs. I like the elitist, upper class, white culture at Georgetown as well.

If I offer $12k to them in the essay, will they accept me? I also have a little bit more.

Thanks

I do because I can fit in. Ok I'm being dead serious but it may not sound like it but hear it out.

"Yeah man I heard he dropped 12 large of his own money to get in." That can lead to creating amazing friendships. Next thing you know I'm friends with a dude whos Dad is a MD, etc etc etc.

I will have way more money by the time I apply, especially when I sell my car. Getting into G-Town is a guarantee into high-finance. I know people who rejected Ivys to go to G-Town. What's the worst that can happen? I'll offer this donation to all my reach schools (elite schools) and see what happens.

Ok but assuming those idiots at the admission table accept me, I will be in one the MOST prestigious schools in the country. I will be able to working in high finance and will have no problem meeting successful people (incomes above $250k, $500k for NYC).

Btw this $12k (maybe $20k) I drop in donations is an investment. Once I get into investment banking that's a ML in a gallon

The only thing that worries me is when I'm at Gtown my parents are going to question why I come back home looking like a bum (since I have no money for food). Idk what to say. I can sell my car to drop a larger donation but I wont be able to commute back home.

EDIT: I can also write off donations on my taxes. I kind of feel ashamed of dropping $100s here and there at my place of worship. I could've used that money to get into a prestigious school and would've done me actual good lol.

Best Response

Do you know what a troll is? Do you work in retail? How did you accidentally end up on a finance forum? Are you a struggling elderly grandfather just hoping to make it back to the google home page? I can get tech support over there asap. Actually, better yet, call 1 (888) 454-3965 and explain your situation, they should be able to help you.

What makes you think anyone is going to be impressed by that? The kids you're talking about won't think 12k is a lot - that's how much a vacation costs. They spent more than that on SAT tutors, extra curriculars ect. every year in high school.

Schlongberg Sachs:
Ok I cant tell if you're being sarcastic but no family is dropping 12mm on Georgetown. Unless the kid is from a family of F500 CEOs.

I think GTown will take my donation.

12K isn't enough

12K is nothing

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

PE_Reaper:
jews aren't white

Neither is your mom.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Not trying to be an arse. If you think that your 12K donation is going to raise an eyebrow to a school with a $1B+ endowment you may want to reconsider. Food for thought: I was lucking enough to leverage athletics to go to one of the top 5 ranked prep schools in the world and receive an offer from Georgetown which I turned down. I made friends with some great kids from highly respected families in the country, and none of them would consider such an act, or think that's how you gain friends at such institutions let alone anywhere. The ppl you seem to want to cater to are a dying breed and you may want to consider going another route. Also to be more blunt, knowing friends that went to GTown, you will not 'fit in' with that mindset. Not all rich white kids are assholes...

Best of luck man....if you really want to go to GTown, do not do that.

Smh. Quit looking at the bigger picture. Focus! They're a pool of applicants, all 4.0 schmucks with stupid adversity stories. Here's my application, ANOTHER 4.0 kid smh...WAIT he says he wants to drop 20 large in donations etc etc.

Also Gtown bball sucks idk what other sports they have. I know Ewing and A.I went there. Would've gone nonetheless but that's me.

Can you please elaborate on GTown culture? I heard it's privileged, rich white kids and I kind of want to join that melting pot. I don't want to go to a school with 20 different genders and races. Any other homogenous schools you recommend? I've heard GTown still has that breed and isn't "dying" as you claim.

Thanks! :)

Look at Hampden-Sydney in VA. All men's (read: white) liberal arts college that has a great alumni network considering how small it is.

Quant (ˈkwänt) n: An expert, someone who knows more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

I did my best. The best I can do is tell you GTown is one of the most international schools around. What you are seeking doesnt exist and really signals that you realize ppl like you are becoming increasingly irrelevant. The few gents I know, who have younger siblings looking at colleges dont have the problem you describe probably because they dont think like an ass-hole and/or they are legit. All I was suggesting was you are not going to validate yourself with 12k. Narrow or big picture. You are honestly better off writing some off the wall essay to show you are unique, but money is not it. Or if you really want to buy your way in...have pappa open up the real wallet and put your 12k back under your bed. Or explain what special skills allowed you to earn all this money you apparently have. Your nonsense comments on gtown basketball r not worth commentary. Nothing was but your thought process is pretty interesting/ridiculous.

ImADudePlayinADudeDisguisedAsAnotherDude:
The best I can do is tell you GTown is one of the most international schools around.

Ok I don't want to go there anymore. I'm seriously not trying to be a bigot but I just do not like diversity. Are there any prestigious colleges that are pre-2017 GTown? I don't have a chance at GTown academically, 4.0 at CC.

Dropping 20k to get into a school isn't significant at all. I only know one girl who donated to get in but she was a legacy with a 4.0 GPA and a 32 on the ACT. The million her dad donated just helped but she already had a good applicated for the ivy she was applying to. The smaller your connection to the school and the worse your application is the more you need to donate.

I know this is a troll, but do some research. Where are they trying to grow? Where are they lacking. Is their crew team bad? Get inrowing shape and call the coach/captain. Did they just reinvest in a new psych department? Pay for Jordan Peterson to do a guest lecture. Does their hockey team need new skates and sticks? Buy new gear and donate. FYI 20k is not real money to admissions (especially if your parents are paying tuition). You need to direct that money to a single person/small cause and hope that buys you favor. What differentiates you? Leverage that.

I would give u a silver banana but fker wso blocked it. I fucking love you man I never thought of this. The thing is, I'm at a shit CC with a 4.0 in some very rigorous courses (not fkn psychology or arts) but so many other fuckers have that so I need to stand out. What if I use that money to open a student managed fund?

ALso no one is paying for tuition except fucking FAFSA

Ok. Call admissions and schedule a meet and greet. Put your best foot forward, be likeable and sharp, ask lots of questions but don't be too eager. Find an honors student or alum and get a rec. Take a summer course or two. Get a PT job there. Network. Say you're going to study something unusual (I got into Brown because I declared Egyptology. Didn't go cause that place is weird).

This isn't how "donations" to secure acceptance works. It usually revolves around donating money to build or renovate a building at the school. Many parents will send "donations" to the school to try and get their kids in but it is hard to tell how much it takes because you don't hear about the failures and successes outside of the family who has a building named after them on campus. That is really the only ones you can say for sure that a donation had an impact. As for your 12 or even 20k would have almost no impact considering that yearly tuition at Georgetown is north of 60k per year.

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

If you have a 4.0 and good test scores you are far from "fucked". You seem to be under the belief that the only way to get into schools is with money. 98% of all kids who get into the top schools don't have parents who pay money with their applications.

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

I rate this troll a 3/10.

Look kiddo, there are highschoolers with a lot more than 20Gs to drop, even money they earned themselves.

College costs $60K/year. If you can cut a check for $250K or $500K, that's something. And some highschoolers can do that.

You can't.

Get back in your rented Mercedes and go home (likely to Staten Island), cheezer.

Back to my rusty honda and UIUC CS degree. Anyone need a ride to a state school?

I was not afforded the same opportunities as you coming from a rich family. Now all the fkers I know that are my age are sitting on their asses binge drinking like the degenerates they are and they come from rich families and don't utilize what they have. Meanwhile, I was ambitious enough to work hard but also smart to make the most money efficiently but controlling my hours and eyeing out tax rates. Now I've invested that money and have made some good returns. Maybe Adcoms can see past my 4.0 GPA at my shit CC and see how brilliant I am.

I also don't drive a Mercedes and don't live in Staten Island I'm not a rich like yourself.

EDIT: University Champaigne of Illinois is a top school, in an expensive city with expensive tuition. Oh let me guess, you got a scholarship? Oh your parents payed for your tutoring?

Schlongberg Sachs:
I was not afforded the same opportunities as you coming from a rich family. Now all the fkers I know that are my age are sitting on their asses binge drinking like the degenerates they are and they come from rich families and don't utilize what they have. Meanwhile, I was ambitious enough to work hard but also smart to make the most money efficiently but controlling my hours and eyeing out tax rates. Now I've invested that money and have made some good returns. Maybe Adcoms can see past my 4.0 GPA at my shit CC and see how brilliant I am.

I also don't drive a Mercedes and don't live in Staten Island I'm not a rich like yourself.

I drive a rusty honda and went in-state because that was what I could afford.

There are kids growing up poor in Detroit who've already started businesses and have made more money than you.

Let me rephrase this in a way that greasers like you can understand. Your $20K donation Georgetown for admission is like your uncle Tommy giving you and your buddies free hamburgers and milkshakes from his shady Staten Island restaurant and you giving him 27 cents in return as a thank you.

What may slightly increase your odds of admission is if you sell your ridiculous gold chains and goofy sunglasses and up the contribution to $21500. (The extra money won't help but the non-ridiculous look might.)

If you're trying to go against diversity at your school, what are you going to do when damn near every business/firm on the earth is trying incorporate a more diverse workforce? For the record this has to be a troll, but lets just play along loool

12K is absolutely nothing you piece of shit. 120K might get you an extra look, but probably wouldn't do much for you either. 1M+ donations are when admission officers put you in a special pile, from what I've heard.

Schlongberg Sachs:
Fuck you such a mean shit to call me that. Now I didn come from a super privledged family who sent me to private school. Adcoms will be impressed with how I made the money with my disruptive background

The angry comments are almost certainly coming from non-target state school students who (like me) also didn't have the money to pay a bribe.

Here is my suggestion:

1.) Spend $7K buying a hang glider and becoming a hang glider pilot. If you have to be a troll, be an interesting one. It may even help you as a transfer candidate. 2.) Spend $2K on a Kaplan course and nail your ACTs or SATs. 3.) Give the remaining $11K to me. I wanna buy 2000 bottles of Yellowtail Wines at $5.50 apiece to drink and distribute to my friends in the power elite who grew up insanely wealthy (mostly blue collar divers and hang glider pilots). That $11K spent on high quality Australian wine will get me a lot further than writing a check to Georgetown will get you.

I would pledge $100k. Just in the fine print dictate that the money could only be earmarked for paying for your tuition, books, living expenses etc. and is not applicable to any other fund.

That way you paying your tuition, etc. sounds like an act of charity :D. Not for profits cannot use your pledges funds for anything else if you expressly specify what they are intended for :D.

Et autem quo ex sed eaque et quia distinctio. Commodi et et tenetur suscipit rerum itaque quis. Deserunt vitae repellendus quidem aut qui. Dolores ex et totam sequi saepe quasi. Voluptatibus nostrum enim doloremque voluptatum quis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”