This topic is not for people who moved from banking to buy side post MBA and make huge sum of money. Assuming if you have a finance background (non-IBD) and go to MBA to change your career, which jobs (non-Investment Banking Associate/non-Strategy Consultant) usually offer the highest base salary? The reasons I am asking this are because:
- Not everyone wants to do IBD/MBB post MBA (think people with family commitment, etc.)
- My understanding is that only BB and MBB offer lucrative bonus. Most of other post MBA jobs, base salary is still 80-90% of total package.
Highest MBA Salaries
I can think of some options like below:
- Economic Consultant Associate (Cornerstone Research/Analysis Group etc.)
- (Senior) Product (Marketing) Manager (Amazon/Google/Microsoft etc.)
- Senior Financial Analyst (in a Finance Leadership Development Program like Amazon)
MBA Salary Ranges
Is there any other options and which one you want to go with? assuming if you are in a similar situation like me (have a family, don't want to work crazy hours and don't want to travel like crazy etc.).