LAZARD SA 2021 RECRUITING THREAD

Subscribe

Lazard, a top Elite Boutique posted their applications yesterday. I don’t think interviews have started but it is good to get this thread going...

Comments (366)

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 15, 2020 - 1:46pm

Any updates?

Array

Mar 28, 2020 - 1:20am

The recruiter told me that interviews will likely take place in the fall

Array

Apr 9, 2020 - 9:55pm

I was told that you can apply to any of them (and the app says so too), but that when you accept a superday with one, your process is over at the other and you can't go through that process anymore. So apparently you can apply to multiple but really only go through one process to the end. I also think that you can only apply to 1 other opportunity.

From what I understand this to mean, if you apply to M&A/restructuring then apply to private capital advisory (both in NY), then you can't apply to another office or any other divisions. So it's not like you can apply to literally everything, because then they won't even look at you. Limited to 2 apps total

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 9, 2020 - 3:54pm

Just talked to a connection in NY, said that diversity is still going on, but everything else is pushed to the fall.

Array

Apr 9, 2020 - 4:26pm

Hey guys, do you know if there is a "due" date for Lazard's apps? Originally was not planning on applying because of a lack of network at the firm, but if rumors are true that recruiting is getting pushed to late summer/fall, I might start networking hard for Lazard specifically and apply soon. Any insight is appreciated.

Array

Apr 9, 2020 - 7:20pm

Anyone heard anything from sf office? Was told things would ramp up a few weeks back, but obviously things have changed at least for the ny office being later

Array

• Prospect in Other
Apr 11, 2020 - 12:47am

Have a super day in two weeks - not NY. I am diversity from a non-target.

Array

Apr 13, 2020 - 4:32am

I did my first round at Lazard in early feb (networked very early). Last update I got is they're pushing it to atleast may - still uncertain.

Array

• Prospect in Non-profit
Apr 13, 2020 - 5:52am

how about for the Houston office? any updates or when they’re interviewing? I’m assuming the 2021 class will be a lot smaller than previous years

• Prospect in IB - CB
Apr 14, 2020 - 2:07am

my dad is actually seeing a Lazard recruiter lol. Apparently they’re wrapping up diversity recruiting, and will start the process ~August. however if you have another offer they can expedite the process according to her

• Intern in IB - Restr
Apr 27, 2020 - 12:48pm

Just be prepared for technicals right off the bat, imo this was one of my hardest first rounds last year. It’s a bummer for them if you rerecruit after SA stint, so you’ll want to have a solid story as to why Chicago. Chi office is a solid group and the only way to go direct to RX

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 27, 2020 - 3:17pm

was informed by an analyst who has the most updated news on recruiting but apparently first rounds for diversity are in the process and regulars will be interviewed from may... this is for new york. anyone else can confirm?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 2, 2020 - 6:12pm

Any updates on SF? Last I heard, they pushed everything back, but not sure if this is still the case given other updates.

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 2, 2020 - 11:09pm

Has NY started giving first rounds?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 8, 2020 - 5:58pm

Any updates on non-target non-diversity recruiting?

Array

May 9, 2020 - 5:43pm

anyone know if lazard ny m&a is getting pushed back? their first rounds for non-diversity were around this time last year

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 9, 2020 - 10:11pm

How about look at the rest of the thread before you ask the same question that's been answered a number of times already

Array

May 15, 2020 - 3:39pm

I was planning on applying today because I just had a networking call but the application isn't up on their site anymore??? have they closed?

Array

May 22, 2020 - 10:09am

Is there any limit on the number of applications you can submit (I know some firms say only three)?

Array

• Prospect in Other
May 26, 2020 - 12:35pm

I am also wondering for Lazard MM

Array

May 26, 2020 - 6:36pm

Any updates on Lazard recruiting NY and if they are accelerating if you have exploding offers?

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
May 29, 2020 - 10:16pm

any updates on sf?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 3, 2020 - 10:55am

Anyone know whats up with NY?

Array

• Prospect in HF - Macro
Jun 4, 2020 - 7:31pm

What other banks are starting right now though? Evercore, MoCo, PWP, Citi are done so it's not like they're doing anything now, and GS, MS, JPM, BofA are all in the Fall (or opening apps in early July but kicking off interviews in August)

Array
Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2020 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (17) $704
  • Vice President (45) $323
  • Associates (257) $228
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (37) $203
  • 2nd Year Analyst (142) $153
  • Intern/Summer Associate (134) $141
  • 1st Year Analyst (566) $129
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (547) $82