Leave full time job for internship?
Would you leave a full time job (at a top company in industry not related to finance) for an internship in a BB IBD to reset your career?
1. You get to work in IBD, get relevant experience, and off-cycle interns are likely to convert (more time with the team etc).
2. The internship pay is better then what I get now, and full time will be even better.
3. I wouldn't need to complete a Masters etc which I cannot really afford anyway.
4. I really don't 'fit' in my current team/role/company and am struggling to find a fit here. May as well cut my losses now.
1. I am 2+ years into my career, I could stick it out (but am unhappy and finding it hard to find another job in the same industry) and wait till MBA level (2+ more years to go - earliest entry for me is 2018).
2. I may not convert full time or get the full-time offer for the following year. At this point I'm an old analyst (think 27+). In theory I would be an Associate by 30 which is kind of annoying as most of my friends are Associates by 25-26 ish.
3. I may hate it (loads of people here complain about it and perhaps the same things affect me - only way to know is to try) and then moving back to industry (or anything) will be a hard sell.
4. It just feels like too big of a risk. I am in a management position in industry - to leave to an internship / analyst role now may look terrible longer term (e.g. for MBA applications, in life generally).
What do you all think?