Happy NFL day guys,
So my plan is to go from F500 FLDP (With around 4 yrs exp total) --> Top 10 MBA -->(If not MBB, probably settle for or similar)
Assuming I did get a consultant role at an MBB firm (in Chicago), what kind of exit opportunities/comp would be available to me? I know MBB is a door opening opporunity, I just haven't read a lot of specific exit ops out of post MBA MBB.
- Exit ops from Consultant role after 2-3 yrs
- Exit ops from Project leader/case team leader/ etc
- Exit ops from Manager role?
I would love to hear anecdotal examples if anyone has them! I'm sure there are quite a few of you going into MBB post MBA, or know of someone who has.
Jobs After Management Consulting
While consulting, especially with MBB, is a great way to open doors, there's no set path that post-MBA consultants follow after a few years in the industry. Some current consulting professionals weighed in with their insights:
From Certified Consulting Professional - 1st Year Associate @BigPicture
- Post-MBA --> Manager, maybe Director
- Engagement Manager / Project Leader --> Solid Director
- Principal / Junior Partner --> Director, maybe VP
From Certified Consulting Professional - Partner @KenB
- As Associate, you're looking at Manager or Senior Manager. Maybe Associate Director
- At EM level more like Director
- At Principal, could open more senior management roles, through probably most often a VP of Strategy
- I did work with a Director who left to be CEO of a major company, but that is not an every day occurrence
What I see a lot of is that after 2 or so years - average exit time - people hop into an internal consulting role, say in the strategy function of a company. Sometimes as a "number 2" to a senior executive working on strategy and big initiatives. This gives direct exposure to senior management, and if you do well you get into a role with P&L responsibility and move up from there.
- Post MBA MBB Startup Exit Opps
- Can Someone Explain What Post MBA MBB Exit Opportunities are Really Like
- Life After MBB
- Exiting from MBB
- AMA Former McKinsey EM
course is designed by countless professionals with real world experience, tailored to people aspiring to break into the industry. This guide will help you learn how to answer these questions and many, many more.