MS 'Earlybird' Analyst 2021

Can anyone shed some light on the MS EMEA Early Bird Application - seems like a hyper accelerated programme since the application deadline closes at the end of July. Anyone know how it differs from the normal analyst recruitment, like is it advantageous to apply early on this?

Would be interesting to know what a competitive profile would be for this program and how many people they intend to hire. I guess it's similar to classic FT recruiting, i.e. extremely hard to get into without a prior BB SA stint?

As far as I know, there is no point in applying to this

You do not get accelerated interviews or any preference - your application is used to gauge the standard they can expect for normal FT recruiting and base that for giving offers to their interns

In fact, they have said that your application gets pooled with the normal FT ones anyway so there is no advantage to applying to it. You are better taking the extra time to work on CV and practice tests for the main ap in Autumn

Most Helpful

MS Analyst here. Applied to GCM early bird a few years ago, didn't hear anything but got an email in october saying my application has been submitted for normal FT recruitment. I think they actually stated this somewhere on their website along the lines of "if you do not hear form us your application will be submitted alongside regular recruitment in autumn"

Applied to IBD a couple of days after this email and got through to final round and offer (even though I would have preferred GCM). Moral of the story = only apply to the programme you actually want in october. It might be worth doing a S&T/Middle office role for early bird just in case

What do you mean by "practice tests?" Are there tests associated with FT app?

SJT I smashed. Got "more than well suited", Numerical I did "easier" and accurate and Logic I smashed. Had to wait 2.5 weeks.

Curious how long of a notice they give for the interview?

Just a conjecture here, but I would think the program is meant to poach interns from other BBs / EBs before they sign their returns. If you’re a decent candidate but not one of the top profiles that they wanna poach, you’re probably going to get pooled with regular applicants and considered later on.

Just did the tests yesterday and I got much easier for the numerical and logic tests as well as well suited for the firm etc.. However I got harder for the verbal reasoning since I did that one first and it was quite confusing to get a hang of the layout.

Did any of you immediately get invited to giving the HireVue interview or did you have to wait before getting the invite?

From experience taking multiple online tests for all BB, if you are successful you will be notified within couple of hours. However if you are not successful then you will get rejection in a couple of days or not hear back from them. The results are all processed by a machine so it has the results when you submit it. So you got Hirevue right after completing the tests? That means that you passed those tests successfully. Good luck!

How much more technical are FT interviews/assessment centres compared to SA interviews?

It’s a weird application, MS LDN typically does not hire for FT except for a very few exceptions. Friends who applied through this option in the past were ultimately offered interviews for off-cycle internships, not FT.

I did my tests for four roles including Equity Research. I think I performed most well for the Equity Research Full Time Role but I have not heard back yet. I was told by a friend that it is most likely because they are still making decisions on current interns for FT roles. Has anyone heard back yet?

For me at least, last year the early bird process was grouped with the normal one. I applied as soon as it opened and had an interview in September for the off-cycle internship. Although I applied for FT, HR told me they were no longer doing FT hiring.

Did you receive the HireVue right after you submitted the test, or how long did you wait?

Earum accusantium adipisci ratione accusantium. Sed dignissimos perferendis asperiores corporis. Velit deleniti enim vel. Ipsa temporibus exercitationem mollitia nam omnis nemo.

Aut quis et sint et. Corporis ea veritatis blanditiis nihil. Qui repudiandae fugit consequatur occaecati voluptates. Officiis cumque culpa asperiores. Et voluptatem facere nihil debitis voluptas id.

Aut ducimus nobis aliquam reiciendis. Reiciendis quasi unde repellendus nostrum nemo quisquam est. Est illum aut excepturi sint. Sequi vel maxime architecto non id esse. Aliquid non consequuntur fugit modi quos. Eum nobis distinctio eveniet id est.

Nam sed maiores dolorum aut iste sint. Optio qui sint dolores alias voluptatibus. Eos quis quos voluptas qui hic commodi. Nulla ea eos ipsam dolores.

Est perspiciatis amet recusandae delectus. Qui error id accusantium cum. Asperiores ut voluptatum impedit natus. Rerum blanditiis ea maxime odit omnis.

Et sequi nulla ut ut explicabo. Id nam iusto eum perspiciatis dolor eveniet dolor. Beatae quia facere sit.

Dolorem quo qui omnis quibusdam. Dignissimos consequatur inventore sed labore minima. Nihil quia laborum officiis optio sed dignissimos nulla ut. Dolore perferendis quasi aliquam saepe voluptatem quaerat adipisci ut. Sunt labore voluptas sint fugit. Perferendis numquam at minima rem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”