MS 'Earlybird' Analyst 2021
Can anyone shed some light on the MS EMEA Early Bird Application - seems like a hyper accelerated programme since the application deadline closes at the end of July. Anyone know how it differs from the normal analyst recruitment, like is it advantageous to apply early on this?
Would be interesting to know what a competitive profile would be for this program and how many people they intend to hire. I guess it's similar to classic FT recruiting, i.e. extremely hard to get into without a prior BB SA stint?
As far as I know, there is no point in applying to this
You do not get accelerated interviews or any preference - your application is used to gauge the standard they can expect for normal FT recruiting and base that for giving offers to their interns
In fact, they have said that your application gets pooled with the normal FT ones anyway so there is no advantage to applying to it. You are better taking the extra time to work on CV and practice tests for the main ap in Autumn
Do you have source on that tho?
MS Analyst here. Applied to GCM early bird a few years ago, didn't hear anything but got an email in october saying my application has been submitted for normal FT recruitment. I think they actually stated this somewhere on their website along the lines of "if you do not hear form us your application will be submitted alongside regular recruitment in autumn"
Applied to IBD a couple of days after this email and got through to final round and offer (even though I would have preferred GCM). Moral of the story = only apply to the programme you actually want in october. It might be worth doing a S&T/Middle office role for early bird just in case
What do you mean by "practice tests?" Are there tests associated with FT app?
Interested
Anyone know if they will post this for the US? Only seeing it for Europe now.
Received invitation to the first round interview yesteday
Cool! Can I ask you how did you performed in the e-cut tests? And how long did you have to wait once you were done with those? Thanks
SJT I smashed. Got "more than well suited", Numerical I did "easier" and accurate and Logic I smashed. Had to wait 2.5 weeks.
Curious how long of a notice they give for the interview?
Thanks and congrats!
Kind of the same for me, SJT same, numerical much easier and Logic easier and much accurate. But did the test 4-5days ago. Let's wait then ahah.
Any clue of when they opened the applications?
I find it hard to believe that you waited 2.5 weeks considering they opened applications on 1 July.
Delete
Anyone have any more info on this? When are assessment centres going to be held?
Currently interning at a lower BB and aiming to secure an offer from MS before return offers are sent out at my current bank.
Why is this called "Early Bird"? I applied June 19, did the Hirevue, and have not hear anything back.
Just a conjecture here, but I would think the program is meant to poach interns from other BBs / EBs before they sign their returns. If you’re a decent candidate but not one of the top profiles that they wanna poach, you’re probably going to get pooled with regular applicants and considered later on.
interested, applied 13th did the tests 19th, haven't heard back
Weren't you supposed to take the test withing 48 hours of the application?
yes. I missed that but emailed them and they said it was fine
the test was sent by the system automatically or manually? I just submitted ystdy but hvnt received a test
They send it within 48hrs
It's also available on the portal right after you submit the application
Just did the tests yesterday and I got much easier for the numerical and logic tests as well as well suited for the firm etc.. However I got harder for the verbal reasoning since I did that one first and it was quite confusing to get a hang of the layout.
Did any of you immediately get invited to giving the HireVue interview or did you have to wait before getting the invite?
From experience taking multiple online tests for all BB, if you are successful you will be notified within couple of hours. However if you are not successful then you will get rejection in a couple of days or not hear back from them. The results are all processed by a machine so it has the results when you submit it. So you got Hirevue right after completing the tests? That means that you passed those tests successfully. Good luck!
How much more technical are FT interviews/assessment centres compared to SA interviews?
It’s a weird application, MS LDN typically does not hire for FT except for a very few exceptions. Friends who applied through this option in the past were ultimately offered interviews for off-cycle internships, not FT.
I did my tests for four roles including Equity Research. I think I performed most well for the Equity Research Full Time Role but I have not heard back yet. I was told by a friend that it is most likely because they are still making decisions on current interns for FT roles. Has anyone heard back yet?
Still waiting to hear back, applied mid-July. Anybody heard back?
I did the tests a few days ago, still haven't heard anything. They are probably selecting only the most exceptional candidates for interviews.
Same for me. Do you guys have BB internships?
For me at least, last year the early bird process was grouped with the normal one. I applied as soon as it opened and had an interview in September for the off-cycle internship. Although I applied for FT, HR told me they were no longer doing FT hiring.
Last year they hired some FT but were mainly people with 6-12 months of experience in other banks (a friend of mine came from a TMT boutique for example)
Did they give you an option to choose between off-cycle internship dates? I'd be interested in off-cycle but only if it's after Spring 2020
Did you receive the HireVue right after you submitted the test, or how long did you wait?
There is no Hirevue its two rounds of telephone interviews then a final AC. Got the telephone interview a few weeks after completing the tests.
I received a rejection email yesterday for Equity Research
Edit: It's for full-time analyst position
For earlybird analyst????
Yes
Sorry to hear, I'm still waiting to hear back :(
Do you roughly know what your feedback was following the tests ?
Situational: Particularly well suited...much more likely than others...
Numberical: Easier, relatively fast, highly accurate
Verbal reasoning: Much easier, very quickly, highly accurate
Inductive reasoning: As easy, relatively fast, quite accurate
I heard back from IBD for the first round but not for investment management, as anyone applied and heard back?
Yes, people are starting to hear back. A friend applied on July 29th and got rejected yesterday :(
I applied on July 14th and still haven't heard back. Weird.
Assumenda voluptates est recusandae. Placeat inventore non aliquam autem inventore. Sint qui assumenda et ab sit dolorem. Voluptas iusto et natus earum. Perspiciatis eum cumque ullam est dolor unde est.
Ut error debitis rerum ut ut aut nisi. Omnis aut culpa et et aut dolores quia.
Occaecati aut in veritatis eveniet illo. Ut animi fugiat voluptatem neque provident. Excepturi atque et consectetur sed sit soluta adipisci. Delectus suscipit illum et quod.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Corrupti aut consectetur et ad tempora minus cupiditate accusamus. Aut enim sed qui vel delectus rem aliquam fuga. Veritatis aut repellat voluptate cupiditate ut ipsam laboriosam. Eum labore est iure nihil tempore sed. Voluptatem aperiam qui quis et. Consequatur placeat praesentium unde impedit eos aut.
Nulla non dolor id aut minima optio accusamus. Vero a ducimus rerum ea autem enim. Voluptates iste asperiores molestias autem. Exercitationem dolores et aliquam et. Saepe ut cum voluptatem aspernatur dolorum doloremque recusandae perspiciatis. Consequatur autem qui fugit aliquid possimus nobis rerum.
Explicabo natus neque est consectetur dolor. Nihil dolore eum dolores velit. Amet aut delectus consectetur facere repudiandae vel eos. Optio non eius iste et id eos quia.
Praesentium impedit sunt sint enim. Aut delectus ipsam corrupti rerum nisi molestias eum.
Ipsam iste reprehenderit quia voluptatibus quia. Earum et modi harum dolorem occaecati ipsa.
Rem ipsa rerum vitae quis corrupti reprehenderit. Soluta repellat sapiente rerum aut nam eaque sint. Et esse atque facere quidem. Et ex in voluptas est quis aut pariatur. Dolores eum dolorem rerum laboriosam reiciendis. Ea sapiente quae omnis et autem laboriosam possimus. Et et labore ea eos at cumque.
Numquam laborum assumenda necessitatibus et eveniet. Ipsa voluptates similique autem molestiae quae blanditiis totam.