New Global Macro Fund launched - TGSF AdvisorsSubscribe
Jawad S. Mian, former CIBC and QInvest PM is starting a new global macro fund, The Good Society Fund (TGSF), see this presentation.
- Developed economy governments insolvent; burdening unemployment becoming a source for increased social and economic strain
- Process of deleveraging and global rebalancing underway
- Increased risk of geopolitical tensions and social conﬂict (esp. Southeast Asia, with China, the US and Russia battling over influence)
- Central banks tradition of selling off gold reversed to buying in past years
- Iraqi equities "the investment opportunity of the decade" (using USD-denominated RS ISX)
- Gold and silver miners (XAU) up for relative gains against gold price
- Silver-gold ratio to decrease to 10-15 to 1; platinum and palladium also bound for (relative) gains
- RMB bond market volume set to explode, with opportunities abound
- "Sun will shine" on Japanese exporters' stocks due to a decrease in JPY (unsustainable value gap vs. USD, GBP and KRW and reversal of japanese trade balance of the past years)
- Break-up of Eurozone with weaker countries allowed to default and opt-out inevitable
Monkeys, what do you think of his themes and theses?
M in A
P.S.: Does anyone know (of) the founder, Mr. Mian?