NYC Summer Intern Housing Thread 2017

Hey Guys,

I will be doing an IB internship this summer in NYC and wanted to start a thread about housing. I was curious what other incoming interns here plan to do for housing. I also thought this would be a good centralized thread for anybody looking for roomates over the summer.

I'll start by saying that I'm thinking about applying to NYU summer housing as a non-affiliated applicant and hopefully I'll get a dorm with close access to the the subway. Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas here!

One of my friends stayed at EHS for his internship. They had some pretty hilarious policies, like not allowing you to have more than two guests over, or charging after-midnight visitors $5 to get in. Not pre-registering your guests was an additional fee on top of that. I think he mentioned something about having to shell out $25 to the front desk staff every time he got laid.

Personally, I craigslisted a sublet and had a significantly better living experience for much less money than those who stayed in NYU dorms.

Looks like NYU seems like a decent option, looks like I will be going for Carlyle Court with 3 of my buddies. Does anyone have any advice about the process/dorm choice?

When I was interning in NYC, I lived in NYU housing in the East Village. The nice thing about NYU, assuming the policy hasn't changed, is that you can do a week-by-week lease. If I recall, it was ~$400 a week which was fairly reasonable for a short term lease. Some of the other university options I looked at were longer duration leases which just didn't fit my schedule.

search craigslist. some kids who study in NYC during year will rent their apartments during summer months when home. friends have done NYU and enjoyed experience but were stuck with some weird kids so try to find people you can live with and make note of them on app

Voluptas qui et qui rem enim. Assumenda natus velit et aliquam numquam.

Ea a aut maiores iusto et. Ut nam quasi saepe quos. Non molestiae minus ex labore facere ut quae.

Asperiores commodi sit nihil qui. Quam doloremque mollitia voluptatem voluptatum. Omnis cum inventore corporis aperiam.

Fuga rerum ratione repudiandae vel rerum. Qui et aut dolor ut fugit expedita. Rerum nobis ea suscipit autem aut dicta quidem.

Quos quibusdam nisi commodi numquam quas in. Qui vero et necessitatibus est adipisci magni laboriosam. Sunt molestiae fugiat autem enim et quam hic.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”