Oncycle PE Recruiting Schedule - 2020 Class

Kids in 1st year analyst programs........

I work for one of the top MFs (Bx, Kkr, Apollo, Carly...etc.), and we are NOT kicking off the process next week. We are not even done with our events so Stop asking. Its likely going to be same as last years given the awkward thanksgiving holiday.

Comments (23)

Oct 24, 2018 - 4:54pm

Glad someone is posting about this. We had internal discussions about this and had calls with friends at other funds. It's mostly with zero merit. It doesn't make sense atleast for us given the current timeline.

Oct 24, 2018 - 5:13pm

For us recruiting firm handles all that. Pretty much everything up to the interview. But other mega funds might do it differently. I did hear some of the westcoast funds take a more hands on approach.

The key takeaway is that the events doesn't have much impact on your chance to interview. Its really more for you guys to learn about the fund.

Oct 24, 2018 - 5:28pm

Our fund and 2 funds that are in the deal process has unofficially given indication (atleast within the senior ranks) not to kick off until mid to late November due to this transaction. One of them is mega and another is upper mm. Now it might just be our fund .but I think this is a broader market indication No fund is going to let recruitment two years out interrupt more immediate business affairs.

Oct 24, 2018 - 7:22pm

I may be misunderstanding you, but how are three firms that are in a certain auction process representative of the broader private equity ecosystem? Further, how does being in an auction process have any impact on when a firm can recruit? A single deal team being busy would have no impact on whether or not the firm as a whole can recruit.

Most Helpful
Oct 24, 2018 - 5:28pm

Doesn't really matter if MFs are planning on waiting. Last year, MFs said they wouldn't recruit before Christmas and look what happened. All depends on first mover. Couple kids in my class heard from HHs to be ready for anything next week

Oct 24, 2018 - 11:36pm

Throw away account for obvious reasons but "kids" you should hit the books. Don't kid yourself. Funds are making moves. Know many people across this industry and I would expect something over the next week and a half. We finalized our interview case today to give some perspective...

Oct 25, 2018 - 12:17am

For the monkeys that are aware of how the process worked last year:
1. How much lead time is there between finding out the process kicked off and the interview? (e.g. they kick off Friday and you start interviewing Monday at 7 AM)
2. Do interviews happen over the weekend or during the workweek?
3. If during the workweek, do people typically suddenly take vacation / call out or do they try to continue with their typical workload?

Thanks!

Oct 25, 2018 - 12:30am

As little as a few hours to as long as next day (not next business day...) and yes you must lie as much as is necessary - the turn can wait.

JM28

Oct 26, 2018 - 9:44pm

Who cares. PE is a joke these days. 2 and out and even if they let you stay, you won't sniff meaningful carry distribution until you're 40. The glory days are over folks and the train has long ago left the station. Cash and liquidity is king.

Oct 28, 2018 - 10:09pm

I'm saying that the champagne wishes and caviar dreams of PE is a pipe dream.

PE is a Ponzi scheme led by the co founders of every firm to convince young kids they too can one day live the lives of the rich and famous.

On the whole speaking on averages you make more on the sell side

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

LETS FKING GO BOYS
+133IBby Intern in Corporate Finance">Intern in CorpFin
You Did it Citi
+120OFFby 2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 2 in IB - Ind
HELP: Sticky Situation with Boss
+112OFFby 2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Analyst 2 in IB-M&A
Idgaf anymore
+31IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 1 in IB - Ind
Anyone else just want out of this shit?
+29IBby 2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Generalist">Analyst 2 in IB - Gen
Evercore Target Schools?
+26BSCHby Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Prospect in IB-M&A
To Snitch or not to Snitch?
+20OFFby 2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 2 in IB - Ind

Total Avg Compensation

March 2021 Private Equity

• Principal (7) $694
  • Director/MD (15) $627
  • Vice President (61) $374
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (63) $267
  • 2nd Year Associate (121) $248
  • 1st Year Associate (256) $223
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (24) $164
  • 2nd Year Analyst (58) $137
  • 1st Year Analyst (168) $119
  • Intern/Summer Associate (18) $71