PNC 2021 SA

Just applied for 2021 SA for PNC banking/capital markets. Don’t see much data on wso or Glassdoor about this group at PNC. Anyone have insights on how competitive this program is (I’m 3.6 Econ at HYP), the culture, comp, exit opps, etc.?

Most Helpful

I went through the program a couple of summers ago. Even though I didn’t get FT, can say it was a great experience in Capital Markets.

They give interviews to a bunch of folks and dont focus too much on schooling (fair share of HYP, but a lot of Northwestern, Indiana, Emory, Notre Dame)

Interview process isn’t too difficult but you compete with thousands of kids. They care more about your personality and how you answer behavioral more than spitting back the techs(but definitely know your accounting and basic finance questions as they check the box)

When I was at the Superday in Pittsburgh there were hundreds of kids who made it to final round and there were only a dozen capital markets SA who made the cut. Only half of them got FT.

Capital Markets has a few segments Derivatives Fixed Income Foreign Exchange And they were talking about adding FIG too

Culture is great, everyone is very nice but they expect a lot. It’s a Wall Street size bank that’s based in Pittsburgh so you get a nice intersection of motivated and hard working mixed with decent people.

That said, they are very very selective and there is no wasted space.

Heard that exit opps are pretty good

Anyone get first rounds yet? Anybody have insight on the recruiting timeline?

Qui pariatur rem occaecati maiores omnis. Sit fugit sed id. Hic at nulla quasi.

Voluptatem nulla exercitationem quis rerum quod ullam odit. Voluptas veritatis illo ut autem. Qui magni deleniti est et ad quia quia. Eaque enim repudiandae doloribus dolorum architecto dolores mollitia. Ex possimus ducimus debitis facere et.

Dolore distinctio id quaerat. Ipsum ut autem non molestiae molestias dolores libero. Expedita dicta deleniti quos labore. Fugit ex ducimus aliquam placeat quod.

Velit et sed saepe dolorem dolor reiciendis cumque. Deserunt hic error id sit ea perferendis. Recusandae pariatur repellendus eius labore quaerat est alias.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”