Point72 SA 2020 New Externship Program

Just a PSA, Point72 created a virtual externship program for this summer. Here's what was in the email:

We've heard that many internship opportunities for this summer have been cancelled, leaving students in limbo and unable to build skills and network. Especially for the Class of '21, this is a crucial time to explore options before graduation, and we want to help.

Our Point72 Academy team is hosting an intensive, four-week, virtual externship this July. Selected students will be coached by our Academy and Investment Professional Development teams, gain insights from Point72 Investment Professionals, and work with peers to prepare and present case studies to our teams.

Point72 will provide a competitive stipend, and successful candidates will be invited to interview for our 2021 full-time Point72 Academy Associate class.

The program runs from July 6th-July 31st, and we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis through May 15th.

I have been in communication with recruiters for Point72 about this programme, as my current position requires to discuss opportunities for my organisation. The process is on a rolling basis( first come first serve), there will be a phone screen, superday offer. The process is estimated to be relatively accelerated when compared to banks and P72's typical internship process.

The program is targeted for people who don't have an internship or who have had theirs cancelled. There wouldn't be time for both.

I really want to do it but idk how to manage this with a full(consulting) internship?

Anybody considering reneging an offer if offered the Externship? Also what are the chances they find out you have accepted an offer if you respond to the email that you have no plans in July?

I’m gonna be working on both simultaneously. There’s no way I’m gonna risk my actual internship for this. Also my bank’s program is only 4 weeks so it’ll be a grind for a month

Most Helpful

I might be in the minority when saying this but C'mon. You are lucky enough to still have an internship this summer, whereas other people are stuck with nothing to put on their resume or anything in their bank account due to coronavirus. The externship isn't meant for you, it is an opportunity for people who aren't lucky enough to still have summer work, just seems pretty selfish to me.

Funniest

Are you seriously stupid enough to think they do not have outside checks in place to make sure this doesn't happen? You realize Compliance exists, right? And by doing this you will be violating about 300 securities laws by working in heaps on confi info while at P72. You are going to get caught, you are going to not only get "in trouble"; the firm will bring down every last lawyer they have to prove that you are engaging in this and distance themselves from you. You will be blacklisted from finance for the rest of life.

Your arrogance, ignorance, and stupidity are astounding. Go bring down some other firm you dipshit idiot. You are proof that God has a sense of humour. In the land of the witless, you would be king. Your inferiority complex is completely justified. I'm jealous of all the people who haven't come across you yet. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

I second this, as someone who had their internship canceled its been tough having to find something else especially when no one gets back to you and you have to deal with more than just internship problems

it gave me a notification when i copied something during the assessment and that it has been notified to testing authority... fk lol

I don't think the fact that they are still sending out the 1st round stuff means people who already completed it didn't do well. They probably just want to give the whole pool the chance to do it before they move to the next round

Total Avg Compensation

May 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179