I could use some advice on my current situation. My situation in bullets:
- Joined ago in Germany as a newcomer/analyst level
- Low salary in comparison to peers (wont tell to stop you from laughing)
- Took over a full coverage of 9 stocks as lead analyst after 9 months
- First 7% raise in December 2015
- Annual performance review in March this year and received very good feedback (ranked in top 30% among all of our analysts by scoring)
- Asked for a raise of 25% due to the low level I joined and in comparison to market salary and promotion to associate. Initially not refused, wanted to get back to me as of mid-2016
- Asked my boss again first week of June. Response "we will get back to you soon". He also said two weeks later something like "do not even think about leaving us after Ive built you up"
- Received latest ranking already last week and was again ranked in the top group by scoring
- Performance review meeting for 1H16 next week and I expect them to turn it down again.
- Meanwhile receiving offers from headhunters for PE/Industry and also one position as a Junior IR for a company I cover which I could consider...
So any advice on how you would handle the situation? I do not feel appreciated at all with this kind of salary and work my a** off getting close to investors/companies.
The aggressive one:
- Telling them that I deserve a higher salary due to over performance
- Inform them that I have options
- Giving them my opinion about how unhappy I am about getting no exact plan/goals for getting to what I want
The passive one:
- Go into the meeting waiting for them to get back to my favorite topic $
- Enjoy hearing about what I did good and what I have to improve
- Wait for a miracle
Thanks in advance