RBC SA 2021 Recruiting Thread

quantgrunt's picture

Hey all,
Decided to start this thread for all those recruiting for RBC SA 2021. Apps have been open since fall, but if the timeline is anything like last year IB recruiting will be soon. Also curious for timelines for other divisions.

Comments (103)

• Intern in IB - Gen
Feb 1, 2020

No idea what the timeline will be in relation to last year, but last year was phone screens in March, virtual interviews in April, and superdays in early May.

Feb 1, 2020

Any Ideas for non IB roles? Such as CB/ Quant/ Credit / S&T, etc.

Array

• Intern in IB - Gen
Feb 1, 2020

All I know is that the S&T timeline wasn't much later on and the rest came later probably in the early fall.

Feb 2, 2020

Muni finance had interviews in October

Feb 2, 2020

For SA 2021, even though apps opened in ~Oct and are due March 1st, I was told nothing would be happening until early March and the process is not rolling. So like the person above said I think phone screens/on campus first rounds starting in march sounds right. Besides RBC, what else have you guys seen open already?

Feb 3, 2020

Guggenheim

Array

Feb 3, 2020

true.. I heard interviews this month? is that what you heard? They seem like they are going pretty early. IIRC Greenhill seemed to want to go earlier this spring this year too

Feb 5, 2020

Baird and HL are also open

Feb 5, 2020

what is HL?

Feb 4, 2020

Where would you apply to RBC on your schools career center or on Linkedn? I don't see anything on my target school's career center?

Feb 6, 2020

It was implied to me that you just apply on the website, and if you go to a core school your application will be specifically flagged when you selected your school in the drop-down box

Feb 15, 2020

Can you list the RBC "core" schools?

Array

• Intern in IB - Gen
Feb 6, 2020

Feb 28, 2020

Anyone having issues applying?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Feb 29, 2020

I've been trying for a week and it keeps saying that they are having technical difficulties.

Feb 29, 2020

Are you a target?

• Prospect in Other
Feb 28, 2020

Had a superday today (diversity), was just an extended an offer for SA 2021 in GIB and came from a completely non-target school.

Feb 28, 2020

GIB?

Array

• Prospect in Other
Feb 28, 2020

Global Investment Banking, just what they call their IB division

• Intern in 
Feb 28, 2020

This sounds about right. They did their diversity process (very short) in March last year. And end of March was when they kicked off phone screens for everyone else.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Feb 29, 2020

Holy shit, congrats man. Super early.

Mar 2, 2020

Did you do it through SEO?

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 6, 2020

Just had a super day & not sure when we hear back for it.

• Intern in 
Mar 6, 2020

If it's a superday and you are getting good news you will hear back that same day unless this was on a Friday afternoon in which case you'll get a call sometime on Monday.

• Prospect in Other
Mar 6, 2020

Do banks usually reject candidates on the phone or by email?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 6, 2020

The apps close March 16... this for 2021?

• Intern in 
Mar 6, 2020

What do you mean? Application "closing" dates have never meant anything for any bank in at least the last several years. It's always rolling with some places moving faster than others.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 7, 2020

Has anyone heard back from Friday's super day?

Mar 7, 2020

i know a kid who got an offer as well as one who got straight up rejected.

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 7, 2020

From Friday as in yesterday? Seems way fast for a straight up rejection.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 7, 2020

is it for yesterday super day

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 9, 2020

Has anyone heard back yet?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Mar 7, 2020

Have any non-targets been able to apply online? It keeps saying technical difficulties for me.

Mar 9, 2020

Yes

Array

• Intern in Other
Mar 7, 2020

Does anyone know if the S&T super day already happened?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 7, 2020

yesterday , S& T kids had a super day with us ib too

Mar 7, 2020

I had one yesterday as well--will you PM me?

Mar 7, 2020

Is the application rolling or do non-diversity kids apply any time before the 16th and only hear after? Also, is non-target applying working online?

Array

• Prospect in Other
Mar 7, 2020

When you say non-target, do you mean non-target for RBC or general school perception?

Mar 7, 2020

Both. Percieved as non-target and non-target for RBC as well. I fit into that category + non-diversity. Am thinking of applying 2 or 3 days prior to the 16th but just wanted to see if that is the best way to go

Array

• Prospect in Other
Mar 7, 2020

When do non-diversity interviews start?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 9, 2020

Is RBC Equity Research not taking interns in SA 2021? I do not see an application for the role, while all others are still open.

Mar 9, 2020

I applied to RBC equity research so it's on there somewhere.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 9, 2020

when? an alumni told he they didnt hire last year non-diversity. He said if that changes this year would let me know and push me through. I never applied though.

Mar 9, 2020

Closed March 1

Array

Mar 9, 2020

-

Array

Mar 9, 2020

RBC tech first rounds expected to start in a few weeks. 2 phone interviews and then superday.

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Mar 9, 2020

Guys, I just want to confirm. Are applications for SA2021 for non-diversity, non-targets working? Please reply.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Mar 9, 2020

Have not been working for me either.

Mar 9, 2020

On the application is says under "Employment Type: Student or New Grad -** Campus Recruitment Only**" I'm assuming this means that if they didn't come to your school, you can't apply. Which means you have to network to get your resume in.

Mar 9, 2020

They didn't come to my school and the application worked just fine for me

Mar 9, 2020

I am a non/semi-target, non-diversity, and the application worked for me.

Mar 9, 2020

In the portal it said it worked but I didn't get an email confirmation it seems . Need to recheck what happened

Array

• Prospect in Other
Mar 18, 2020

How much do they care about networking? Is it possible to get a first round without networking?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Mar 18, 2020

Based off of what I've heard through networking if you go to a RBC core school you don't have to network to land an offer. If you don't , consider yourself out if you don't network. But even if you go to a core school having an internal push always helps.

• Prospect in Other
Mar 18, 2020

Thanks for the comment. Mind if I ask what RBC's core schools are?

Mar 21, 2020

Bumping this thread to ask if anybody has heard back from them? Apparently 1st rounds were supposed to be yesterday according to some spreadsheet from my school's career center, but didn't hear back and nor did anybody I know

Mar 21, 2020
Comment

Array

Mar 24, 2020
Mar 24, 2020