RBC SA 2021 Recruiting Thread

Hey all,
Decided to start this thread for all those recruiting for RBC SA 2021. Apps have been open since fall, but if the timeline is anything like last year IB recruiting will be soon. Also curious for timelines for other divisions.

For SA 2021, even though apps opened in ~Oct and are due March 1st, I was told nothing would be happening until early March and the process is not rolling. So like the person above said I think phone screens/on campus first rounds starting in march sounds right. Besides RBC, what else have you guys seen open already?

It was implied to me that you just apply on the website, and if you go to a core school your application will be specifically flagged when you selected your school in the drop-down box

I've been trying for a week and it keeps saying that they are having technical difficulties.

This sounds about right. They did their diversity process (very short) in March last year. And end of March was when they kicked off phone screens for everyone else.

Just had a super day & not sure when we hear back for it.

If it's a superday and you are getting good news you will hear back that same day unless this was on a Friday afternoon in which case you'll get a call sometime on Monday.

From Friday as in yesterday? Seems way fast for a straight up rejection.

Have any non-targets been able to apply online? It keeps saying technical difficulties for me.

When you say non-target, do you mean non-target for RBC or general school perception?

Guys, I just want to confirm. Are applications for SA2021 for non-diversity, non-targets working? Please reply.

On the application is says under "Employment Type: Student or New Grad -** Campus Recruitment Only**" I'm assuming this means that if they didn't come to your school, you can't apply. Which means you have to network to get your resume in.

How much do they care about networking? Is it possible to get a first round without networking?

Based off of what I’ve heard through networking if you go to a RBC core school you don’t have to network to land an offer. If you don’t , consider yourself out if you don’t network. But even if you go to a core school having an internal push always helps.

Pretty sure its been all diversity so far but I'm not positive? If not they likely haven't done much interviewing, I go to one of their primary target schools and don't know anyone so far who's gotten an interview.

Agree with this, believe rn the aim is to focus on placement for this summer, with rest of diversity and target/non target starting in 2 to 3 weeks

It's next week, However something really weird is that RBC seems to have less interview spots then people that get the invitation. Like they mentioned in the email to "sign up ASAP" and when I went to pick a spot almost everything was gone already... No doubt some people are already canned.

What should I expect for a 1st round? Have one tomorrow for tech IB.

[Comment removed by mod team]

URGENT were 1st round interviews face to face video or over the phone?

for some reason they said to let them know if I couldn't use zoom/skype for virtual 1st round?

How many people get first round for S&T? Only 2 in this thread....

Not over yet money got pushed back to tomorrow. Prob expect something end of the week.

Same just got my invite for a first round for SF tech. How long did it take for you to hear back?

How have the first rounds gone in general? Have one for the SF office soon.

shit I’m lost, thought RBC SA 2022 was scheduled to kickoff in a month

At occaecati unde est facilis cum harum. Facilis repellat qui molestias occaecati accusamus ullam. Facere et qui minima qui et doloribus.

Ipsa vel suscipit mollitia consequuntur. Aut cupiditate doloremque ducimus voluptatem. Cumque nobis numquam sit. Excepturi eos aut vero qui dolorem. Aut alias eveniet quam eum vel veniam.

Possimus cupiditate sint sit voluptatem sint saepe iusto mollitia. Sed eos aut voluptatibus omnis error enim. Impedit perspiciatis neque ipsum cum qui aut nulla. In consequatur qui nemo et est repellat perspiciatis dolor. Ad quis iure nesciunt magni quia quos vitae.

Officiis eos cumque iste dolore. Facere non quasi autem ut provident et. Ab aut nam possimus dolorem nobis velit inventore eum. Velit ut eum perspiciatis ipsam officiis ut.

Voluptas excepturi est velit veritatis et et quo. Doloribus sapiente nostrum quae aliquam. Est numquam est veritatis eos natus. Doloremque repellat consequatur laborum.

Est et voluptatum esse aut. Eaque consequatur officia minima aut. Eligendi delectus fugit placeat qui hic sunt consectetur aut.

Enim dolor culpa excepturi harum. Nobis accusamus praesentium laudantium inventore quis id sunt. Culpa porro nihil illo ducimus.

Qui tenetur commodi exercitationem amet voluptate totam. Et cupiditate reprehenderit nobis quas et. Eum sed et consequatur fuga nam ullam ex.

In unde cupiditate alias nisi molestiae dolores delectus. Vel molestiae ut suscipit dicta accusamus non. Laboriosam itaque quas ea autem iusto. Facilis illum eligendi nisi aliquam sed laboriosam. Architecto et quisquam veritatis natus labore aut itaque et. Possimus ipsa iure est magni necessitatibus pariatur. Numquam recusandae non et id totam.

Debitis sint qui enim laboriosam cumque. Iure et autem quia aut aspernatur magnam enim. Corrupti qui quo nesciunt qui delectus recusandae debitis quaerat. Aut et id magni voluptas ad facilis asperiores.

Impedit quo maiores odio ut sequi ea est. Earum magnam ad iusto magni. Cumque beatae iste et beatae velit molestiae. Deserunt iusto maxime aliquam tempora perspiciatis mollitia.

Voluptatem veniam voluptatem iste. Qui provident quasi iure dolorum possimus voluptatem quidem. Aut consequatur dicta atque et tenetur. Illo quos delectus et dolores aut dolore. Praesentium est illo molestias id id.

Quaerat officiis velit soluta. Est iste et doloremque quas quaerat.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”