Ridiculous Job Postings
What's up with bottom-tier places making job postings with ridiculous terms? As if anyone who could fulfill these requirements would waste their time with your little outfit?
For example I came across a job posting for a place called "Newchip" for an entry level VC internship and some of the bullets are as follows
• have an outstanding network in the US startup scene
• graduated from a leading university with an excellent academic record
• advise our portfolio companies to meet the challenges of scaling their businesses by assisting them source relevant networks of executives for hire, partners/service providers, as well as investors
Don't you think someone who checks all these boxes would go somewhere more quality? And what reputable or halfway competent startup would want to be advised by an intern?
There are also some additional bizarre bullets that you would think goes without saying such as
• You have a passcode on your computer and phone and use a password manager
• Don't gossip and have discretion
• Are professional and greet everyone cheerfully
• You will see the big picture, and you'll sweat the tiniest details.
• Get to Inbox Zero every day
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (no shit, who tf isn't?)
It makes me think the person who put this whole thing together has no idea what they're talking about.
There's another VC posting ("Genius Guild") that says they are "a business creation platform that invests in market-based solutions that end racism."
How f**king lofty, ambiguous, and ridiculous is that sh!t? Wow, your VC firm is ending racism. This is why I hate VC, everything is about pie in the sky words, ego stroking, and pompousness.