I was hoping to get your help in deciding between an offer from EY Strategy and Strategy& (formerly Booz and Co). Both are Engagement Manager roles and I am hoping to do my MBA in the next few years and then go into senior strategy roles for a fortune 500 company. Here is what I feel are the Pros and Cons for each role:
1) Pure strategy project opportunities- aligned to what I want to do
2) Very good brand name even with the
3) Competitive culture - still hires some of the top grads and professionals
1) There have been layoffs in the last few years which I am worried about. The HR recruiter and Partner told me that right now they have a 97% utilization rate but facts are facts.
2) Prestige have fallen in the last few years
1) Team is small and growing. They have exceeded revenue targets for the last 2 years
2) Stable environment with professional development opportunities
3) Specialized strategy focused on short term profit transformation which all organizations currently
1) Role is very specialized and not a pure strategy role. While it is a strategy role where you advise senior management of companies in corporate and operational strategy when giving recommendations, the bulk of the work is on analyzing the financial health of the company
2) role pays less
Any feedback or recommendations would be great!