Well I would just like to thank all the members and forums on WSO! I know there have been so many of these but I owe a big thanks to WSO. I finally received an offer, after attending a Non-target, some work experience, and ZERO connections. The technical guide (from the IB Prep Pack) from WSO was HUGE-- so many of the questions were literally straight out of the guide. All the pros here on WSO, constantly post useful topics, current events, etc which is so useful, thanks guys! It been a long journey of interviews, but I am so lucky to get a job as a recent grad. For all you guys that are still searching, never give up!
Some things that helped me get the job:
1) Networking till you drop.
Getting coffee with joe schmo who is a MD or w/e at so and so company, that went to your school. Cold calling, or cold calling just to see if you can talk to someone in the industry. Researching and finding lists of companies to apply to --Cold emailing (huge got my job this way), I used the shotgun approach and it worked somehow!
2) Get the WSO guides, they're extremely useful!
3) Work hard at it and make your own luck!
Resume Review Service
- Match with one of WSO's financial experts to get your resume reviewed.
- We ensure that the most critical documents in your job search are ready.
- Rigorous, iterative process with over 2,300 clients over 10 years.