Transferring Colleges - Help me pick
To everyone who recognizes my name, hello again. To all who are new or just don't remember me, hello to you as well.
I am in my last semester here at CC and submitted my applications a few months ago and am starting to hear back. Unfortunately, I tanked my GPA last semester from a 3.9 to a 3.5 so I pretty much fucked myself straight out of luck for any targets or semi-targets. It's unfortunate but I will get over it, life isn't over.
With this said though, I have a few options still in my hands.
UNC Charlotte (my safety) - I can graduate debt free from their business school, probably with a killer GPA as well and in the banking hub of NC. I have already been accepted and awarded all my aid/scholarships, I definitely have enough to graduate without any debt, I am very fortunate in this respect.
UNC Chapel Hill (dream school) - Unfortunately because of my 3rd semester grades I was placed on the waitlist which has like a 10% chance of getting off. Fortunately for me I know the reason behind my waitlist of course, my essays were really good and I had strong recommenders so all hope is not lost yet. My final grades will at the very least be a 3.5 so it will look much better than the grades I had before, hopefully I will do better than a 3.5 though as that might be the defining factor. Take this as a rejection.
BU/BC - I will probably be rejected from both, but I didn't send in my CSS Profile to BU so I won't be getting any aid. Cost of attendance is like 75k a year so I will be graduating with roughly 100k+ in debt if I decide to go if I am accepted. Take BC as a rejection because I just don't think I'm getting in there.
W&M/UMiami - I'm pretty sure I'll get accepted to both business schools. UMiami apparently provides decent fin aid too. I think I will be able to graduate with roughly 20-30k in debt if I decide to go to UMiami and probably around the 40k mark for W&M.
So all in all I'm pretty much down to UMiami (20-30k), W&M (40k) , UNC Charlotte (0) bschools. Assuming debt figures are on point, which one should I choose?
IMPORTANT: I'm not exactly dead-set on IB as much as I was a few years ago. I would be very glad to work in the startup space in all honesty, I like the idea of trying to pivot into VC after an MBA in the future. Obviously, if the opportunity for IB presents itself I would probably take it but it looks like the opportunity isn't going to just present itself to me given my options.
Thoughts?
bump
Dolor quam est corrupti praesentium alias. Sapiente voluptas optio blanditiis deleniti labore. Laboriosam laboriosam similique deleniti placeat.
Quisquam quam fuga sit. Ut qui ad rerum. Dignissimos nam sit vitae praesentium et sed. Facere quasi atque repellendus facilis autem vero beatae aspernatur. Illum qui non molestiae.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Quia quas corrupti sed. Quod velit enim corrupti aut omnis et. Id ut et in ullam eveniet.
Expedita aut ad vitae maxime consequuntur rerum magni. Dolorem voluptatibus facere ea quia commodi molestiae quo. Fuga et blanditiis nobis nulla dolore. Blanditiis at iusto consectetur. Et sit dignissimos eum.
Et autem rerum exercitationem animi voluptatum et. Autem cupiditate eum reprehenderit sed. Ut mollitia consequatur quos reprehenderit quam commodi. Quos ratione et rerum tempora et quia rem. Iusto veniam repellendus quia iure quidem.