Reasons why you shouldn't do this
- Look at how frequently M7 MBAs do this and look at how frequently University of Phoenix MBAs do this.
- Look at linkedin and see the industries where this is most frequent. It is typically salesy kinds of jobs with zero barriers to entry such as selling whole life insurance or realtors, or something that involves wearing a name tag.
- The only people who it will impress will be people who can't help you.
- You put this on your card and anyone who can help you will assume you went to the University of Phoenix until proven otherwise.
- See above and when proven otherwise said person won't cut you a break for not knowing better.
I went to a top 40 program and I'm seeing a lot of people putting this on their LinkedIn profiles. This is getting under my skin because I'd hate to see my alma mater with its gray zone ranking (25-40) get a bad wrap. I also think this is totally cheesy to boot.
Just had to rant. Monkeys - feel free to add more to the list.
Financial Modeling Course
- Get An Edge For Your Interviews & Finance Career
- The Best (and Most Affordable) Financial Modeling Self-study Courses.
- WSO Members receive a 15% discount