Virtual internships 2021

Thoughts on the odds of in-person vs virtual SA and SASO in 2021? I think there is a really good chance it is entirely virtual for IBD. Probably not so for sales and trading, but can't think of any other divisions. 

I honestly see like a 70% chance of BBs going fully virtual. Smaller boutiques are more likely to be in person but from a risk management pov it just doesn't make sense to have so many interns from all across the country/world come into the office. I'm pretty sure DB already extended WFH until July 2021

Agreed...I am getting the sense from those who are most closely involved with SA efforts within XYZ banks that the chances of in person are slim. Would have to imagine that boutiques would want their SAs there for several reasons. It is good that DB clarified early, because from what I understand their interns felt a little left in the dark last yr. 

Most Helpful

Im interning at a boutique for the fall semester and it’s been 100% virtual and has worked out quite fine. For frame fo reference this is my first IB internship and I have a SA 2021 internship lined up at an EB. I think virtual 2021 not only makes sense from a liability stand point but it seems to be actually quite easy to outsource general work to interns that contribute to the larger project. The only downside is that if you’re a newb at small things like ppt/excel, you can waste a lot of time spinning your wheels googling “how to use align function” instead of being able to look over the associate shoulder and just copy paste his quick access toolbar/presets. However the work is still easy and I kind of like not being holed up in the office all day (even though I’m pulling many late nights, I can play warzone for a couple hours in between turns vs. twiddling my thumbs in a cubicle.

Of course like anyone else I really want 2021 to be in person, but realistically speaking there is no downside in the bank making it virtual vs. big downsides if they force a bunch of kids all over the country to come into the office just to send them all home after a week when there’s a covid outbreak.

Do you know if that's also true for other offices in cities such as Houston?

Similique voluptas id distinctio voluptatibus. Odio veniam officiis ea praesentium recusandae iure. Alias aliquid et expedita non. Qui voluptatem enim nulla. Exercitationem rerum nostrum incidunt delectus at soluta error dicta. Ut ad in itaque incidunt adipisci omnis.

Numquam quasi quis culpa fuga esse nihil possimus in. Ab sit nihil voluptatibus praesentium nisi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”