Wells Fargo IB Superday 2019

For those of you that have gone through the WF recruiting process in the past, how was the super day? Does WF do anything different in regards to their super day process? Should there be anything to look out for?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Comments (24)

Aug 8, 2018

Today and email was released asking for group preference. Here is an updated list of WF group locations for 2018.
Asset Backed Finance (Charlotte)
Commercial Real Estate Capital Markets (New York)
Consumer and Retail (Charlotte, New York)
Corporate Finance (New York)
Eastdil Secured (New York, Washington D.C.)
Equity Capital Markets (New York)
Energy & Power (Charlotte, Houston)
Financial Institutions (Charlotte, New York)
Global Institutional Client Group/Financial Sponsors Group (New York)
Healthcare (New York, San Francisco)
High Grade Debt Capital Markets (Charlotte)
Industrials (Charlotte, New York)
Leveraged Finance (Charlotte, San Francisco)
Mergers & Acquisitions/Advisory (Charlotte, New York, San Francisco)
Real Estate Syndicated Finance (Charlotte, New York, San Francisco)
Regional Investment Banking (Charlotte, New York, Los Angeles)
Syndicated & Acquisition Finance (Charlotte)
Technology, Media and Telecommunications (Charlotte, New York, San Francisco)

Aug 8, 2018

Any info on FT superday would be nice too-- are they more or less the same? (I'm assuming this post was for SA since I was told FT invites don't go out until late next week at the earliest)

Aug 9, 2018

Hey man how'd your first round go? Got the same info on superday invites

Aug 8, 2018

First round was alright-- was caught off guard with some questions that I would end up getting right, but that they definitely knew I wasn't confident about them. Hope we both get the invite!

Aug 8, 2018

Heads up - many people have said this in the past but I always feel the need to let people know to make sure they are aware what they are getting themselves into. WF is a semi-crap company. They will bait and switch you for a position and are not great to work for in general. But they are still huge, so better than nothing. But, choose wisely. Your group preference is next to useless. They say they will try and get the preference as close as possible, but I get the feeling based off of people I have talked to (I'm at WF right now) that they really just do not care. Best of luck in the Super Day.

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Aug 8, 2018

Can you PM me?

Aug 14, 2018

are you in the investment banking division right now?

Aug 22, 2018

Really not true. Maybe you didn't network enough through sell-day but all of my buddies ended up exactly where they wanted to be. I will say that it is similar to going through recruiting again once you get the offer... lots of calls and coffee chats to link up with the right group. If you got shafted, it's on you.

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Aug 8, 2018

So there will be 4 interviews, each 30 minutes long. Are all these interviews a mix of behavioral and technical? Or will some interviews only focus on technicals, while the others will only focus on behaviorals?

Aug 8, 2018

I PM'ed you. But be prepared for a very little portion of mix, but mostly focused on one or the other.

Aug 10, 2018

How technical intensive do you think the interviews will be? Going to the superday next week.

Aug 9, 2018

SA or FT?

Aug 8, 2018

SA

Aug 8, 2018

Bump

Most Helpful
Aug 8, 2018

Ya - so be prepared for technicals just like any other bulge bracket bank. They will ask you them in accounting, mergers, walk thru DCF, what can I learn from the 10K etc. They do a couple back to back interviews. Behavioral is a huge part for the interview and very important. Make sure you know the general why Wells, why IB, tell me about yourself. If you have it Wells really really likes community service/volunteering work. They focus on the person quite a lot here. If you are a crappy person or a stereotypical douchebag they don't normally like you because Wells attempts to identify themselves as having great people at the firm. In general, I think that at the end when you ask them questions, don't be too probey, but it'd be nice to try and get a general idea of where they think you could end up for a division. Non-sterotypical questions at the end are good also (just my opinion though).

behaviorals are really important and I just have to be average at technicals. But as a result, everyone is going to be decided on by technicals since everyone will and needs to at least be decent at them, but distinguished by behaviorals for sure. So be good at techs, and be great at behaviorals.

Aug 14, 2018

Are there group specific questions during the interviews based on how you ranked them? I didn't mark down exactly how I ranked them and I can't remember which order my top 5 were in lol

Aug 14, 2018

the two people interviewing me were from different groups and definitely not in my top 3, so you shouldn't expect anything to specific to the group

Aug 19, 2018

Anyone hear back yet

Aug 8, 2018

I received an offer on Friday after the superday by phone and the recruiter said the official email would come out Monday.

Aug 19, 2018

SA position?

Aug 19, 2018
Comment
Aug 22, 2018