Wells Fargo IB Superday 2019

For those of you that have gone through the WF recruiting process in the past, how was the super day? Does WF do anything different in regards to their super day process? Should there be anything to look out for?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Heads up - many people have said this in the past but I always feel the need to let people know to make sure they are aware what they are getting themselves into. WF is a semi-crap company. They will bait and switch you for a position and are not great to work for in general. But they are still huge, so better than nothing. But, choose wisely. Your group preference is next to useless. They say they will try and get the preference as close as possible, but I get the feeling based off of people I have talked to (I'm at WF right now) that they really just do not care. Best of luck in the Super Day.

Really not true. Maybe you didn't network enough through sell-day but all of my buddies ended up exactly where they wanted to be. I will say that it is similar to going through recruiting again once you get the offer... lots of calls and coffee chats to link up with the right group. If you got shafted, it's on you.

Most Helpful

Ya - so be prepared for technicals just like any other bulge bracket bank. They will ask you them in accounting, mergers, walk thru DCF, what can I learn from the 10K etc. They do a couple back to back interviews. Behavioral is a huge part for the interview and very important. Make sure you know the general why Wells, why IB, tell me about yourself. If you have it Wells really really likes community service/volunteering work. They focus on the person quite a lot here. If you are a crappy person or a stereotypical douchebag they don't normally like you because Wells attempts to identify themselves as having great people at the firm. In general, I think that at the end when you ask them questions, don't be too probey, but it'd be nice to try and get a general idea of where they think you could end up for a division. Non-sterotypical questions at the end are good also (just my opinion though).

behaviorals are really important and I just have to be average at technicals. But as a result, everyone is going to be decided on by technicals since everyone will and needs to at least be decent at them, but distinguished by behaviorals for sure. So be good at techs, and be great at behaviorals.

I went through the Wells superday in 2012, so not sure how relevant the process still is.

They flew us up the night before and there was a networking even / dinner that was quite pleasant. Form an interview standpoint, it was fairly typical. Overall structure was seven 45-minute interviews with a break for lunch. Questions were fairly typical technical and behavioral, with the younger interviewers asking more technical questions and the older guys focused on leadership experience and fit. There was more of a "old school banking" vibe overall.

I enjoyed the individuals I met, especially a VP who was an active Navy SEAL and still did missions two months out of the year - pretty awesome and epic guy.

Aliquam iste mollitia quam eveniet temporibus. Ullam consequatur placeat consectetur eveniet natus. Cupiditate occaecati molestias consequuntur ipsam consequatur id quia voluptas. Ipsam nesciunt soluta nisi omnis architecto eaque. Optio dignissimos aperiam qui quod voluptatem temporibus.

Ducimus eligendi quia ea veniam deleniti cumque nulla soluta. Quo iste iure vel architecto perferendis totam. Voluptas debitis ex iusto nihil sapiente unde. Magnam quibusdam ipsa aut rerum.

Eum pariatur suscipit et non rem doloribus. Et dolor quidem excepturi rerum voluptatum. Eius quasi minus molestiae sit natus. Amet molestiae atque consequatur et nam. Suscipit at numquam inventore et et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”