After a long day of watching our dickhead CFO haze the new analysts with his miserable sense of humor, I've been reflecting about some of the biggest dickhead moves I've ever seen a superior pull on a subordinate in the office. I think my top three are...
1) During Christmas party a drunk Senior Analyst cuts a new Analyst's hermes tie off (by force) to celebrate him passing his first deal through IC. Apparently the tie was a gift from his parents and he didn't come from a lot of money so it was special to him. Said Senior Analyst eventually got pushed out of the company. From my understanding he wasn't fired but was told that there wasn't a place for him to move up in the company.
2) My CFO walking up to the new Leasing Analyst and saying "Oooof, geez, that sucks. You got a bad draw there." When he learns she works in Leasing.
3) VP literally stops acknowledging an intern halfway through the summer because he (the intern) keeps asking really basic questions at really bad times. The guy would literally walk past the kid and refuse to look at him when he'd say hi. Didn't know whether to laugh at or cry for the kid.
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.