where do fortune 500 companies recruit from

Hey all
I got offered a place in the rotterdam school of management studying their bachelor programme in intl business. To my understanding, the school plays a big role in internships and recruitment upon graduation. I would like to know if the rotterdam school of management would enable me to have good prospects in my future career (i would like to go into ibanking) as i hear that the school's networking plays a big part in this. So the question is : Do big global companies hire from RSM?? I have noticed that RSM has good credentials in its Master's programmes, but whether or not it will enable me a bright career if i embark on its bachelor's programme is another story altogether.

On another note, i would also like to understand more about RSM if anyone has ANY input to offer about this school. As i'm from Singapore, I do have a placing in a local university, however i am at a crossroads as to whether or not to take this risk and venture overseas in my studies, and whether RSM would be a safe bet in the first place.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED! THANK YOU!

Cedric.

I don't think anyone here can really answer that question. The Fortune 500 is made up of companies as disparate as Google, Wal-Mart, General Mills, and Goldman Sachs. You're talking about different industries, company sizes, geographies, etc. These companies do not just have one batch of schools that they all recruit from. Plus many companies leave recruitment to the local offices so the office in San Francisco will recruit from different schools than the one in Toronto. What companies are headquartered or have offices in RSM's region (is that Southeast Canadia?). Those will likely be the primary feeder companies. Hope this helps.

Be aware that in the Netherlands 99% of the students follow the path BSc (3y) -> MSc (1y) -> work, so F500 companies don't recruit UG students in Holland.

And yes, BB and MM London office hire from Erasmus, but most of the time ESE and not RSM. Try to do a study like economics or even better econometrics if banking is your goal.

What UG you go to is not that important, but you want to do one of MSc programs that have lots of alumni in IB. At Erasmus you have MSc Finance & Investments, Financial Economics or Econometrics.

IBA is much easier than economics and especially econometrics, so you have more time do take on internships/student jobs/extracurr activities. Also IBA positions you better to do a MSc program outsides the Netherlands (thinks CEMS). The other two UG programs have more alumni in IB and is more quantitative orientated, therefore gives you a better story why you want to do IB.

It al depends where you want to break in. In Amsterdan and London, I noticed that they are more quantitative orientated. If you want to go back to Asia and go into IB, IBA/BBA is definitely ok for IB.

there is no one path. You have to keep in mind that you need to demonstrate your passion for IB and have a good story why you want to break in.

Quasi et eligendi rerum quos. Repudiandae fugiat inventore unde iure doloribus accusamus inventore. Qui officiis dolorem facere voluptatem sed voluptatum cupiditate. Sint fugit magnam quos assumenda. Perferendis aut ut ullam qui aliquid.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (89) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”