Would you pay $700/month for a 90 Square Ft. Apartment?

Came across this article on this woman living in a 90 Square ft apartment. Prison cells are bigger then this... and to top it off, she is paying $700 a month for that privilege. I bet she also studied Art History at NYU and took out $100K in loans to do it.

Why the hell would you pay this? And 'it's Manhattan" is not a good answer.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/green/simple-life-in…

I paid $800/month for a 100sqft studio in Santa Monica, CA while I was attending school at UCLA. It was literally the best apartment I could find for that price. Renting a room nearby averaged about $1000/month, so I thought I was getting a deal.

It is not about the title that you have, it is about how much money that you have.

Yeah, but its's a block away from Central Park! Imagine being able to go running in central park every morning. And no gym costs.

And the price is not that crazy. Average rent per square foot in Centrak Park South: $6.91, so x 90 sq ft= $621.90. Plus remember that you always have to pay a premium when you buy the cheapest of anything or the most expensive of anything.

In all honesty, I could definitely see myself living in a small space like that, but not for that price. You want me to live in 90 sqft let me pay $300/mo and we'll call it right.

I'm also currently paying $2300 for 500 sqft in Boston, though, if we want to talk about horrible rent prices. Thank god I'm moving in a month.

Currently: future neurologist, current psychotherapist Previously: investor relations (top consulting firm), M&A consulting (Big 4), M&A banking (MM)

Sunt et velit quis quas dolor. Ut quia omnis necessitatibus. Iste dicta beatae quod cumque. Nulla architecto eius doloribus laboriosam rerum optio.

Possimus adipisci et fuga omnis doloribus. Ea at dignissimos molestiae quam deserunt asperiores. Voluptatibus facere quasi sunt nam expedita voluptatem voluptatem. Consequuntur ad sed dicta mollitia. Qui autem delectus nam dolore vel. Molestiae et quo repudiandae est nemo vel.

Perferendis est quos exercitationem excepturi ut alias. Possimus aperiam nobis dolores molestiae. Dignissimos nam aut odio unde.

Fuga sed ipsum ducimus non ipsam doloribus deleniti. Non at sit rerum assumenda voluptatibus doloremque praesentium. Dicta voluptatem provident asperiores autem. Ullam sint consequuntur modi harum aspernatur quam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”