ServiceNow Corp Finance Internship : Turn into F100 FLDP

I received an offer for the Corporate Finance internship at ServiceNow. It's a new program but the offer was good, it gives me CF experience and ServiceNow is quickly growing. I believe it has a solid chance at becoming fortune 500 soon.

I was wondering if this opportunity would give me a solid chance at landing a better FLDP next year for full time?

I'm at mid tier university: UC Davis. Have a lot of leadership experiences and have previous internships in sales, marketing, and consulting but not by well known names.

timr23, shame nobody has responded. Maybe one of these topics will help:

• FDP/FLDP Programs at Fortune 100 Companies Exit Ops I am very excited about my FLDP start this summer with a F100 company. I was wondering if other ... thoughts regarding breaking into Corp Dev or other career paths down the future. Congratulations to all who ... people on this forum are taking the same route and would like their feedback regarding exit ops and ...
  • fortune 100 corp strategy group or boutique merchant bank for PE? I'm currently debating two offers, one from a corporate strategy group within a F100 company ... 4-5 post-college experience. I've heard some feedback that the F100 corporate strategy group ... years). I know it's a longshot from either place, but I'm hoping to transition into a PE firm ...
  • Fortune 100 Corporate Strategy Group, or boutique consulting/alternative investment I'm currently debating two offers, one from a corporate strategy group within a F100 company ... very helpful- thanks consulting boutique strategy fortune 100 ... years). The corporate strategy has high visibility within the overall organization, and consultants within ...
  • Big 4 Audit or Fortune 100 FP&A for MBA Hi, I'm having trouble deciding on whether I should take a Big 4 Audit role or a F100 ... FP&A role at a fortune 100 or a Big 4 audit role. Post-MBA I'd like to do something but ... FP&A role. I've done an audit internship at a top 10 accounting firm last year and I absolutely ...
  • Director and Sr Director Comp at Fortune 100? in Corp Dev/Strat if you're working at F100 Company? Is 500-600k possible or is it generally ...
  • BB Credit Risk vs BB S&T vs Fortune 100 Investment Analyst As the title suggests, I got three internship offers and I am split between the first two. I am ... hoping to either break into research in a bank or break into a HF (Event Driven/Macro). I am leaning ... I'll get more tangible skills from the credit risk internship. trading credit risk 2015 internship ...
  • Value of Sales/Business/Analytics internship at Fortune 100 prior internship experience (although outside of finance) and a quantitative field of study. ... of the biggest brands in the world, what (if any) value would an internship at one of those companies ... bring to bear in full time recruiting a year from now? What divisions of a mega-corporation would be ...
  • More suggestions...

If those topics were completely useless, don't blame me, blame my programmers...

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

I also received the same corp fin. internship offer from ServiceNow back in 2016, however, I ultimately declined it. They're a pretty well known name in the SV, so it definitely has some weight on your resume in California. I'm not too sure how well it fairs outside of the SV though. If you plan on staying in the area, you should be able to land some interviews for F100 FLDP's easily in the future. Might have some trouble getting interviews for FAANG though.

I'm currently in a F50 FLDP and my experience when I applied was two corp fin. internships (one for a F500).

splor:
If you plan on staying in the area, you should be able to land some interviews for F100 FLDP's easily in the future. Might have some trouble getting interviews for FAANG though.

If OP goes to UC Davis I think that internship is one of the ways OP can legitimize themselves a bit more. I still think F100 FLDP might be a bit of a stretch for FT out of Davis and the ServiceNow internship can only help.

Hey Directress, thanks for the response! I was wondering which FLDP programs I should go for, given I'm at a non-target. I really like LinkedIn's and Microsoft's program but there supposed to be incredibly competitive. I already was able to make a connection with someone about 2 years into the LinkedIn rotation program. If I continue to network, do you think I have a shot?

Most Helpful

Apologies for the delay, I wasn't on the boards over the holidays. The following LDPs have accepted people from non-targets, however, you'd have to expand your horizon to opportunities outside of NorCal and technology. Some focus on "Management" or "Business" instead of straight Finance:

• Johnson & Johnson
  • Boeing
  • Anhueser Busch
  • Disney
  • Kraft
  • Nestle
  • AT&T
  • Dell
  • Dropbox
  • GE
  • Comcast
  • Verizon

I think your biggest challenge is that UC Davis isn't considered to have a top business program, even among non-targets. That's not to say you won't go anywhere with a degree from there though, I know someone who graduated with a home economics degree from Davis and went on to become head of operations for a Fortune 500. You're just going to have to try that much harder than other people on this board to get a seat at the table.

Thanks for the response Splor! If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you take the Servicenow offer? Also how have you liked your FLDP and CF experiences? Anything you've learned about the diff programs?

The reason I declined the offer was because I liked the management I spoke to at the F500 firm I interned at that summer. Although I have to admit they did entice me with some fun perks they had for interns.

I'm still only in my first rotation in my FLDP so I can't say much about the different programs, however, I do enjoy the work very much so far. It's in a different industry than those of my internships so it has been refreshing. I was lucky enough to have an amazing team (which I could tell from the interview process).

Thanks for the reply StoicHoosier! Are there any things, you think, I should focus on during my internship? Things that I should make sure to learn and should highlight. Also would you say it would be harder to get into a FLDP?

Necessitatibus et qui dolorem eius. Tempore repellendus nam expedita itaque. Voluptates doloremque unde consectetur ab.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”