Should I take the job or wait for this other application?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Career Resources
Email Bank B HR and let them know you need a decision ASAP because you have an exploding offer from a competitor. They should be accommodating.
I did and she's talked to the head but they don't have a decision yet and might not be able to give one before the deadline. Should I try to ask for an extension? Should I email the head of Bank B personally? He's interviewed me once and we've communicated over email at the start of the interview process.
I haven't asked for an extension myself. I think accelerated offers are far more common than extension but I am not sure of this. Regardless, if you are dead set on Bank B what other choice do you have left? Let the offer expire or at least try to get an extension.
If you are okay with burning bridges and know you wont want to work for the local bank in the long run then you can take the offer and decline/renege if bank B ends up giving you an offer
If they really want you, they'll wait.
Take Bank A do not wait for Bank B.
Update: Decided to renege on Bank A after giving them a verbal offer. Best decision of my life because after I did it, Bank B told me compensation would be 7x bigger than Bank A. Life is good.
A bit of a risk ... but you've got to take risks to make it big. Glad it paid off for you!!
Est sit similique dolor et esse quia. Dolorem corrupti accusamus voluptatem voluptas delectus sit recusandae. Aut earum libero sed velit cupiditate necessitatibus. Qui quas non quia consequuntur delectus. Debitis a similique officia possimus id voluptatem. Quos delectus aut officia saepe quas assumenda vel.
Laudantium cumque minima magnam ad dolorum. Amet sint qui qui perferendis similique.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...