Credit HF - Credit Agreement Case Study (6-8 Hours with 150 Questions)

Hey All,

So I got selected to go in for an in person interview with a lean and quite new High Yield Credit HF. The first round consisted of a 60 min online survey that was about 25% behavioral and 75% technical. I was the only candidate selected, based on the survey, to come in or the in person. I have a 5 hour in person interview that consists of 1-1.5 hrs with each member of the firm (Senior Analyst, COO, Managing Partner and CIO/Founding Partner)

Additionally, I will be expected to complete a 6-8 hour credit agreement project/case study that consists of 150+ questions. (expectation is this will come after the in person)

I have the holidays to prepare for both the in person and case study. Any advice on material to buy/read, cerain technical/quant topics I should focus on, or overall general tips/knowledge?

I work in IB currently and have a lot of credit history in regards to evaluating bonds and etc etc..

Thanks in advance! And happy holidays to all!!

Most Helpful

Pragmatists's guide to leveraged finance (https://www.amazon.com/Pragmatists-Guide-Leveraged-Finance-paperback/dp…) probably the best buy, easiest to read, and the most amount of detail you'll need for someone that has some finance experience.

I wouldn't go too deep on the credit/covenant work but more so generally have an understanding of different types of covenants and what might be required in any situation.

No need for any quant knowledge - know things like leverage, LTV, YTM, etc. Sounds like if you have credit history then you'll be fine. If you want thoughts on the fund PM me and I'll let you know if I have any info. Good luck.

Sed minima iure laudantium consequatur. Autem suscipit aut aut nesciunt deleniti sit. Sit velit aspernatur aut cupiditate. Dolores est recusandae recusandae cumque. Omnis esse neque ut ducimus placeat repudiandae.

Inventore sed maxime laborum et. Reprehenderit ad assumenda ut cumque. Fugit mollitia qui autem consequatur. Rerum similique molestias facilis modi doloremque ducimus distinctio.

Sapiente ipsam sit ex ut nemo. Vel reprehenderit qui velit nulla. Nobis voluptatem unde enim quas velit sit beatae. Corporis aut et accusamus possimus quia asperiores ipsam qui. Voluptate voluptatum dolores voluptatum eius. Quaerat quam ab vero ea aut id.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 96.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (249) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”