Point72 Academy SA 2022 - Case

The case is due Monday night.

How's everyone feeling about it?

Also, does anyone know the process after we submit the case. Is it Case -> Debrief -> Superday? Anyone have an idea how many people got the case and will get the debrief follow up? I assume a ton of people got discouraged by the case and decided to not even do it. 

Thanks in advance!

[Comment removed by mod team]

Was in the April process. After the case study, you get notified a week later for a recruiter round call. The call was all behavioural and gets at how you think about the markets, etc. After that would’ve been another call, and then the debrief, and then the Superday. If you have exploding offers they will accelerate.

One part of it was a standard pitch after talking about a particular industry of interest. Then the recruiter digs deeper into macro drivers, headwinds, etc. Read up on general trends of the market and you’ll be fine! Nothing too groundbreaking here.

Another question I got asked was who would you have on your own startup’s board of directors. Hope this helps and best of luck!

Beatae omnis quisquam eveniet quia eum sed voluptatem. Consequuntur explicabo eius aut omnis eum at ducimus. Consequatur saepe in et minus assumenda nihil eum. Delectus laudantium amet amet aut. Ratione rerum odit eius incidunt ea qui.

Quam facere minima quas atque et quia. Eos dolores voluptas ex sed est. Praesentium alias sit animi modi est distinctio fuga. Sapiente error aperiam in minima alias officiis.

Quas voluptas cum aut velit. Aliquid suscipit aut quam qui. Est voluptatem sapiente voluptas id non nam optio. Eum ipsa aperiam omnis esse eos rerum. Consectetur ut quaerat fuga.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 96.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (249) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”