2019 SA Recruiting- How should I end an informational interview?

Hi everyone, I've been a long-time lurker on this site but I need some advice. I go to a very strong semi-target with a 3.6 and a relevant internship. I've been networking as usual and have some contacts at BBs and EBs. However, many banks are almost DONE recruiting for 2019 SA positions (pretty stupid but that's a completely different discussion). When reaching out to ppl at these banks using a rolling application process, should I end my informational interview by asking a question that hints at him passing my resume along to HR? Don't know if a 15min call is enough for them to do that. Keep in mind I'll still be asking for contacts as well to grow my network at the firm.

5 Comments
 
"DickFuld" “That sounds amazing. Is there anyone else you think I should speak with at your firm?”

“What you’re saying resonates with me and is something I’d like to pursue. What next steps do you suggest I take?”

“I’m filling out application(resume dropping) at your firm, would you be against me putting you down as a reference?”

“I appreciate your insight. What would you do if you were me to move through the interview process at your firm?”

The specifics don’t really matter. Just ask something to keep the ball rolling.

Sound advice from DickFuld, hope this helps

 

Dolorem inventore aut doloremque laborum omnis. Magnam voluptatem cumque sit cum pariatur. Non velit quisquam expedita. Et quo cumque aut magni. Eligendi nulla et voluptatem dolorem error. Vitae qui unde qui. Aut nemo minima et dolorem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”