BB Analyst 1 NYC - $3475/mo rent?
NYC prices are ridiculous at the moment - I found a really nice place for $3475/mo rent that is very close to my office. Would renting be a reasonable decision? Thanks for the help
NYC prices are ridiculous at the moment - I found a really nice place for $3475/mo rent that is very close to my office. Would renting be a reasonable decision? Thanks for the help
| +86 | Drunk VP. How to manage? | 28 | 12h |
| +44 | Lazard US Views 2026/2027 | 16 | 10h |
| +41 | Who is the final boss in Houston Energy? (GS, JEFF or EVR) | 9 | 14h |
| +37 | Tomorrow Will Be Better | 5 | 19h |
| +34 | Moelis PCA vs Lower tier BB Coverage | 20 | 2h |
| +28 | Why Do We Turn Comments? | 3 | 17h |
| +22 | UBS’s Investment Bank Is Building an AI Slop Factory | 2 | 16h |
| +21 | How early is to early? | 9 | 1d |
| +21 | [2026 - October] Unbiased Prestige Rankings | 7 | 15h |
| +20 | MS NYC Generalist Program Group Rankings & Placement Process | 11 | 21h |
Career Resources
No
Elaborate
Recent discussion on this:
https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum/off-topic/tempted-by-a-luxury-bui…
Totally understood the NYC rental market is insane right now (decent studio/1BD in a desirable area is closer to $4K) but I'd try to avoid spending more than 30% of gross income on rent
The next question for those in our field is base vs TC and I personally shy towards the former. Not sure what group you're in but 1Q has been extremely slow (rising rates, Russia conflict, etc.) so I wouldn't want to overextend myself in the event of layoffs/poor bonuses for CY2022.
Don't know if you'd get approved because to beat the 40x requirement, guaranteed income would have to be 139k and idk any bank that has An1 base that high
I'd be using one of my parents as a guarantor which would be well above the 60-80x requirement
Well actually, glad you brought this up. There is this bank called Financial Technology Partners with an An1 base at 140k. I hear it is paradise and that they are supposed to be the next EB.
Dude if it’s actually nice as shit and you don’t need the money rn, then do it.
I pay $2.8k/month as a A1 and that was a covid deal for my place. Definitely worth it for my and I’m glad I did it.
Mind if I ask where?
.
Wait until the full time work starts - your perception on this will change quickly.
Why is NYC still shilled on this forum again? Like I can go do the same job for more pay and less hours elsewhere...guess some people really do drink the PE megafund kool-aide
Cum ut delectus amet minima. Asperiores sequi facere quibusdam maiores molestiae consequatur quia doloremque.
Est in iusto cumque quisquam ut non. Facilis et et unde necessitatibus sunt. Iure ut eaque eum et. Et sapiente inventore minus qui.
Assumenda dolores nihil sint vitae molestiae sunt accusantium qui. Aut eligendi praesentium dolore rem. Eos veritatis quia omnis tenetur. Itaque et non nobis in perspiciatis quam.
Qui velit iure eum culpa odio ipsum animi vitae. Aperiam aut ipsa minima eos repellendus fugit. Sunt rerum officia et. Illo modi architecto culpa nam. Sed omnis delectus maxime adipisci delectus incidunt impedit dolor.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...