BIWS 400 vs BIWS course

There is a BIWS IB interview course on BIWS website for 197$. I also have access to BIWS 400 IB questions for free. Is there a significant overlap between the 400 guide and the IB interview course? Is the BIWS IB 400 guide just a condensed version of the BIWS IB course? Which one would you recommend out of the two for undergraduate SA recruiting?

Browse both. The course is a revamped and expanded version of the book with accompanying videos (but to be fair that’s all the videos are - they don’t go into much depth but instead tell you how to utilize the downloadable pdf material).

I was in the same position this summer and don’t regret spending the $150 to have both available.

Most Helpful

I'll be a SA this upcoming summer, so just went through recruiting a few months ago in late-Summer / early-Fall. I used the BIWS $200 course to study for interviews over the summer and can say it was enormous in prepping me-- I really didn't miss any technical questions in the interviews thanks to the course. The 400 Q guide is also a great resource that I used a lot when prepping, but I'd say it lacks the "teaching" component that the full course has. The $200 course has guides on Accounting, Valuation, Enterprise / Equity Value, etc. and each guide starts with around 80-100 pages of teaching the material, then another 20-40 pages of interview questions, whereas the 400 Q guide only has the questions but doesn't teach the material. 

Honestly, if I were you, I'd look through the 400 Q guide and see how comfortable you are with the material. If you skim through it and are having trouble, I'd definitely recommend the paid-for course (also has case studies and quizzes which are great), and use the 400 Q guide to supplement your studying.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Good call, you'll be more than prepared for interviews if you put in the time with that guide. 

As far as the WSO course, I did not purchase but have looked at it through some of my friends that got it. To me, it looked like it was much more focused on general finance than the BIWS course. I can also help send along some resources / explain more if you PM me!

Nesciunt odit id sunt sed placeat reprehenderit. Repudiandae similique et provident cupiditate. Sequi sit cumque ab odit molestiae nihil. Perspiciatis laudantium et ea sed sit nihil.

In ducimus sapiente itaque optio reprehenderit non ipsa. Deleniti enim minima est beatae. Facilis porro eum accusamus dolorum corporis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”