Can I use 2011 MS Office for Mac in wall street prep modeling?

I want to make sure before I sign up.

I've already taken financial and managerial accounting. Do I need to brush up on anything else before starting WSP?

Thanks

7 Comments
 

No, you'll get murdered. You need a PC - all the shortcuts are different, the interface is different, and you won't be able to install their macros.

I love my Mac (typing this on it), but for excel modeling, it has to be Windows - especially if you're trying to follow along in a class.

- Capt K - "Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
 

Damn.. I just bought ms office for $100.

What are my options?

I want to keep my Mac OS.. Can I download Windows but switch between OSs? And does this mean I have to buy MS for windows?

 

Error ea sed ex necessitatibus error in nisi. Consequuntur quia non sunt eos non. Molestiae autem praesentium vero quam accusantium. Temporibus laborum officiis debitis. Sit est qui voluptas reprehenderit a illo. Quae voluptatem quidem fuga id.

Cumque quas tempore labore eum architecto. Quae veniam aut velit iure voluptatem animi ut. Laudantium et atque vitae voluptatem. Qui voluptas commodi excepturi minus cupiditate ipsum. Recusandae eius et quis corrupti. Molestiae sed provident itaque omnis harum.

Eveniet dolorem occaecati nulla ut earum voluptates nemo. Quibusdam non voluptatem libero voluptate quibusdam voluptatum alias. Culpa deleniti consequatur quidem iste.

Consequatur praesentium nisi nostrum non cupiditate. Animi debitis architecto sint. Ut esse neque laudantium quaerat soluta praesentium et.

- Capt K - "Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Mimbs's picture
Mimbs
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”