CVP 2024 Class

Looks like CVP has wrapped up recruiting for next summer, does anyone any insight as to how many kids they took this year vs last year for New York in particular? Also, how does class quality look? LinkedIn doesn't show many.

[Comment removed by mod team]

Controversial

That’s crazy you’re discounting what that kid did to break into a firm like CVP. I know him personally and he’ll run circles around any target school candidate. Not doubting the advantage, but a firm like CVP doesn’t go “easy” on candidates because of their race.

Funniest

Say what you want about diversity but you worked with Wall Street Mastermind… be fr 💀

Haha you’re such a squid buddy. I interned with him. Just hate to see underachieving hardos rip other people apart because they failed in recruiting.

Surprising amount of non targets, definitely the most of any of the EBs. Also they did not accelerate any non diverse candidates - held one big superday in late April (for New York) which was well after other banks were interviewing.

Like the poster above said, FIU. other nontargets are SMU and UGA.

My bad. BC is a target for CVP.

What did the application process look like for diversity? Was there a separate application on their website, or was it through Handshake only?

Pretty sure diversity just networked and they would do single person supers early in the spring for them

Not sure on exact number but know there were a noticeable amount less. 

Kinda messed up some ppl are doxxing/shitting on a kid who did nothing wrong.

But on another note, any idea if CVP is doing FT process for 2024 grads?

BRO how many nondiverse candidates did they even take? I feel bad for being born asian and poor af.

Ok you have to be a real dumbass to develop such a bad reputation as a summer at two firms and to also be memed on WSO.

Dunno about the kid, but they brought it on themselves. Can't feel too sorry abt that and if the CVP folks had any sense they'd pull their offer imo.

apparently diversity doesn't matter when it comes to white and asian males smh

Anybody have a source for all this? Crazy if there's any confirmation for this.

Roommate works there and says that someone from 2024 has gotten their offer pulled. 

Looks like CVP FT recruiting for 2024 grads is on the menu bois...

Probably not though lmao.

Bump--apart from the obvious drama, anyone else have any specific insights on size, schools, etc?

I hate bashing other people but have to add info abt this kid & his character. Did a jpm program for first years last year where this kid was dapping & cussing during a professional table seating event lmao. Then he went on to brag abt his sophomore summer gig at rbc and that he was going to reneg it for a better bank. Then he shitted on a gtown kid who said he got his gig through diversity programs, saying that she’s privileged and doesnt relate to the struggle he grew up with. Imagine arguing with your own classmate during a professional event - all the other first years were just in awe at that table.

Literally had class with him during his freshman year. He would always skip class and when he came he would come with some durag or bape on and be high. Honestly shocked that he was able to pull off this. 

Had a class with this guy. He would literally start playing COD Zombies mid-lecture. I wish I could see him try to operate in a professional setting

Bro really pulled cvp out while being in class playing cod and being high that’s insane. That’s mad respect. Honestly I feel bad now that he lost his offer. He seems like a chill guy. Just think he needs to learn more professionalism.