CVP 2024 Class

Looks like CVP has wrapped up recruiting for next summer, does anyone any insight as to how many kids they took this year vs last year for New York in particular? Also, how does class quality look? LinkedIn doesn't show many.

[Comment removed by mod team]

Controversial

That’s crazy you’re discounting what that kid did to break into a firm like CVP. I know him personally and he’ll run circles around any target school candidate. Not doubting the advantage, but a firm like CVP doesn’t go “easy” on candidates because of their race.

Funniest

Say what you want about diversity but you worked with Wall Street Mastermind… be fr 💀

Haha you’re such a squid buddy. I interned with him. Just hate to see underachieving hardos rip other people apart because they failed in recruiting.

Surprising amount of non targets, definitely the most of any of the EBs. Also they did not accelerate any non diverse candidates - held one big superday in late April (for New York) which was well after other banks were interviewing.

What did the application process look like for diversity? Was there a separate application on their website, or was it through Handshake only?

Pretty sure diversity just networked and they would do single person supers early in the spring for them

What do you mean why? Cause it’s a ton bank and that school is community college level. So I was surprised and thought maybe people were joking around, sorry to have offended a Florida alum.

Kinda messed up some ppl are doxxing/shitting on a kid who did nothing wrong.

But on another note, any idea if CVP is doing FT process for 2024 grads?

BRO how many nondiverse candidates did they even take? I feel bad for being born asian and poor af.

Ok you have to be a real dumbass to develop such a bad reputation as a summer at two firms and to also be memed on WSO.

Dunno about the kid, but they brought it on themselves. Can't feel too sorry abt that and if the CVP folks had any sense they'd pull their offer imo.

apparently diversity doesn't matter when it comes to white and asian males smh

Anybody have a source for all this? Crazy if there's any confirmation for this.

Roommate works there and says that someone from 2024 has gotten their offer pulled. 

Bump--apart from the obvious drama, anyone else have any specific insights on size, schools, etc?

I hate bashing other people but have to add info abt this kid & his character. Did a jpm program for first years last year where this kid was dapping & cussing during a professional table seating event lmao. Then he went on to brag abt his sophomore summer gig at rbc and that he was going to reneg it for a better bank. Then he shitted on a gtown kid who said he got his gig through diversity programs, saying that she’s privileged and doesnt relate to the struggle he grew up with. Imagine arguing with your own classmate during a professional event - all the other first years were just in awe at that table.

Literally had class with him during his freshman year. He would always skip class and when he came he would come with some durag or bape on and be high. Honestly shocked that he was able to pull off this. 

Had a class with this guy. He would literally start playing COD Zombies mid-lecture. I wish I could see him try to operate in a professional setting

Bro really pulled cvp out while being in class playing cod and being high that’s insane. That’s mad respect. Honestly I feel bad now that he lost his offer. He seems like a chill guy. Just think he needs to learn more professionalism. 

Everyone messes around on their computer during lectures. At my school, we go to lectures for the first 2-3 weeks and then we stop lol. What's your point?

Most Helpful

Having pre-screened (for another bank) at least couple of students from non-targets (including names mentioned here) who got Centerview offers through diversity (race and sex), can assure you that they were more prepped technically than 95%+ of target school / high GPA / resume kids I have interviewed over last 10+ years. Would’ve loved to have them join my firm but recruiting timeline varies but hey going to Centerview isn’t bad amiright. 

Tbh most of you couldn’t beat them in interview or work. Main reason many kids end up at state schools, especially for diversity is late start (recent immigrant) or lower social-economic status (poor, race, recent immigrant) which drives lack of awareness of the target school process or lack of access to go through some prep school. 

Just try harder and don’t be a weirdo

Yes my roommate works at cvp and told me they pulled an offer for summer 2024. It’s obviously his. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with Georgetown or WSO and everything to do with the insanity that diversity hiring has become. Not to mention the absolute dumbassery by this kid.

The reason that people began to speak on this kid was because someone from Georgetown commented about how dumb he is. 

Gonna throw in my piece. I've met this kid a couple times. Yes, he could be more professional... maybe runs mouth a bit too much. But people really are such fucking assholes about diversity recruiting bc they can't get good offers. Its not this kids fault you are fucking mediocre. This kid, and I mean this, can not only run but sprint circles around any of you when it comes to technicals. Meanwhile you probs still have to look up how to calculate WACC before ur BoFa first round. Super lame to call him an idiot. You really think CVP takes idiots just cuz they need a black kid? Did you also know that black kids also go to HYPSM and he beat them too. For top EBs, the bar is as high as ever. and really, you guys need to stop being so salty about it and do better. Good candidates get offers. If you didn't, you didn't prepare enough or interview well enough. But yeah sorry u didn't get an offer --> bet ur wishing you grow up in a shit low income neighborhood rn where no one went to college. sounds fun. This guy has ALL the advantages.

And again, when an entire school of unbearable sweaty tryhards is constantly putting you down for basically being black and from a low income neighborhood and not knowing their prep school etiquette / playbook, no fucking shit he's gonna wanna show off a bit.

Man reneged Evercore. People said Georgetown was blacklisted than someone called hr at kkr and he got his offer pulled. 

It seems like every CVP thread turns into a shitshow now... moving on, I've spoken to the guy in question and can vouch that he worked his ass off during recruiting. To give others context about why he's so well-known, this guy reached out to a butt fuck amount of people on linkedin, to the point where a lot of people in the industry know who he is.

Anyways, to provide a bit of background without revealing too much, he didn't exactly have the most favorable upbringing and was pretty clueless about IB before undergrad. Sure, there were instances where he could have held his tongue and stfu about his offer, but let's be real. When you secure an opportunity to make 200K+ fresh out of college, an offer that could change your family's life, it's hard not to feel ecstatic. And irrespective of how that feels, criticizing someone anonymously on WSO and taking joy when they lose a life-changing opportunity doesn't make you a better person. It's unfortunate because not everyone grows up with the knowledge of social norms for these situations, and this thread is a prime example of what deters genuinely diverse kids and low-income kids from the industry.

So, while it's clear this guy has a lot to learn about not rubbing people the wrong way and understanding industry etiquette, it's fucked to be happy he got his offer rescinded. Honestly feel bad, CVP should have given him a chance and waited until his internship started to make quick judgments on his character

Before you go around defending this guy, try working with him first. Sure, he has an admirable story, but he has to be the shittiest intern in RBC history. I don't care if you get a life changing job if you simply can't perform the basic functions of such job that is expected out of an intern. There is no reason his "work ethic" in networking couldn't have been applied to the job. 

Some reasoning behind this: 

- work that is absolutely riddled with errors 

- disappearing for hours from his desk to hang out with buddies or straight up leave the office

- rubbing into our faces 24/7 how he's not coming back next summer and going to be richer than us at CVP

- straight up leaving work undone 

- being late to meetings 

- not fully addressing comments and making me repeat comments multiple times

- responding to asks a day or two later for no reason

- randomly taking days off for no reason

- making jokes that are completely out of pocket

- showing up to work high

- coming in at noon and leaving by 3pm

- generally just being a complete pain in the fucking ass to work with

NOTE: ALL OF THE ABOVE HAS BEEN DONE MULTIPLE TIMES. One-off mistakes are fine. You cannot keep making these mistakes because you simply don't care

The mid-term review he got was absolutely justified and there were pushes by people to have him fired midsummer.

I feel bad for CVP. Talking to him at first, you wouldn't have known he was like this. Don't know why you're mindlessly defending this guy. If you're him, I'll see you at work tommorow (or not lol).

Bro its not his behavior or performance. It is the fact an entire thread had to be made about this. That is what blows my mind. You have brilliantly exposed just how pathetic and insecure you are. Focus on your own shit. Who fucking cares what this kid is doing.

Just to clear things up, I never mentioned anything about RBC because I don't know the full details of what's going on. Based on what you've said, it looks like this guy isn't going to get a return offer, and I get why. However, CVP is for summer 2024, which is a whole nine months out. He could pick up a ton in that time, especially with a solid mentor. But making a list of everything he's done wrong and shitting on a college kid like this on a public forum is called being a dick. Sure, complain about him to your buddies after he leaves, but this extra drama is potentially fucking over any chance he might have in the future, even if he gets his shit together

"Pushes by people to have him fired midsummer" yes because as a strong macho banker you can't stomach having to work with a college student for another month or so. You're overhyping this so hard.

I think CVP did the right thing to pull the offer. Let's put all of the argument about diversity recruiting, favorable acceptance rates for diversity candidates, and the merit of this Georgetown kids holistic application aside. At what point do you stop asking to be treated and graded on a different scale? Objectively, you were given the benefit of the doubt, as a diversity, throughout the recruiting process. You got the offer. Now, isn't it fair to be treated equally like all the other summer analysts at CVP? Or do you still want to be given the benefit of the doubt at all stages. At what point does it stop if not? Analyst? Associate? Principal? Director?

Point is, if this kid's behavior happened with a non-diverse face behind it, there would probably be no question of whether the offer getting pulled is deserved (spoiler, it would be deserved, absolutely).

The kid hustled to get the job (I think) and fucked up. CVP isn't obliged to give him the offer, no matter how life changing it may be for him or his family. He's got an impressively bad reputation across the street, CVP doesn't want that baggage, and it's well within their right to pull it. I hope the kid gets back on his feet, and he probably will. But to act that way at his RBC internship is such a brainless move. It's such an arrogant, dick move that I don't think the "conditions you grew up in" or "excitement" could excuse it. Not to mention hearing how bad he was at the RBC internship raises serious questions about if he could even perform at the basic level at CVP. It does not matter where you grow up, how hard you had it (which I obviously don't have the details to) - you have to know better than that, especially considering that this kid has networked with a supposedly incredible amount of people.

There are plenty of very qualified diversity recruits at the tops banks across the street who really deserve all the offers they get, THIS KID IS NOT ONE OF THEM. I have worked with them personally on projects and they completes absolutely no work, also has a horrible reputation both among bankers and on Georgetown’s campus for horrible behavior with colleagues and girls. General pain to be around and absolutely no clue how he was able to do so well recruiting. The kid may be smart enough to know technicals (which I highly doubt) but lacks any understanding of how to behave in a social setting. Knowing the kid on a personal level, I can tell you they would be a complete liability in a corporate environment and would definitely make co-workers uncomfortable. To be clear, I think diversity recruiting is a great thing that gives underrepresented groups well-deserved opportunities to break into top finance positions. It’s just that this kid doesn’t deserve the position

Accusantium architecto mollitia tenetur eaque sunt sequi. Vel natus molestiae eum sed nostrum ullam rerum.

Commodi ipsa at minima autem et voluptatem. Aspernatur eum dicta qui quae. Aut aut ex cum sunt voluptatem doloremque.

Et rerum et eos. Cupiditate molestiae a quo iure doloribus saepe. Accusamus similique ut ut non maiores. Et amet hic aut hic.

Eligendi sequi iusto incidunt non molestiae atque quia. Voluptatem aut ab similique molestiae maxime. Alias laborum alias tempore soluta et omnis maxime.

Nulla qui voluptatem optio est et doloremque. Quia soluta iusto rerum non inventore quis. Dolor quod dolores sed sint aut. A veniam ipsa temporibus aut est voluptatum. Excepturi ut quaerat nostrum.

Aspernatur et dolorem non unde. Beatae qui minima nihil quia deleniti. Fugit sunt non ullam delectus voluptatem quas. Cumque a pariatur et cum pariatur. Rem libero quia possimus quo nisi necessitatibus.

Dicta aut autem vel porro iure sequi exercitationem. Voluptatibus vero autem quasi voluptas quos. Fuga molestiae delectus sunt in inventore. Aliquid ipsam cum dolores necessitatibus quos.

Mollitia pariatur at eveniet. Vitae nostrum sit nobis incidunt debitis et unde. Fuga quas qui aut ipsa et.

Eius harum similique quisquam odio aut aut porro. Velit dolorem et et fuga distinctio quae ut. Atque est accusantium voluptatum assumenda ipsa reiciendis. Magnam aut est eaque quia aliquam molestiae.

Vel quos minus culpa. Quis quia laborum dolorem a. Fuga fugit et in qui eveniet. Non at qui quis quia. Voluptates voluptates numquam ab animi amet et.

Soluta libero consequatur at amet. Nihil dolorem sit consequuntur laudantium voluptatibus eligendi. Illum quas vel possimus porro. Velit inventore ipsam non aut praesentium hic qui deleniti. Et cum autem repudiandae sapiente reiciendis inventore dolorem. Occaecati ut laborum minus voluptas id et. Ut autem numquam expedita voluptas deleniti tempore.

Aut voluptatem omnis omnis id quod tempora. Autem quisquam autem libero quod distinctio labore dolor. Consequuntur deleniti at unde id impedit odio incidunt. Hic est eum distinctio ut.

Et nihil praesentium ea reiciendis amet est non necessitatibus. Culpa sint non sapiente eaque et. Ex distinctio odit ab corporis.

Architecto accusantium atque voluptatem rerum aliquam. Iusto alias veniam autem aspernatur in minima. Voluptatem quas laborum consequuntur cumque.

Eos fuga sed est dolorum quis. Fuga enim repellendus modi. Autem quae aut culpa magni enim. Est consectetur praesentium voluptatem sit. Doloribus ullam ut consequatur ut nesciunt autem quae. Molestiae consectetur cupiditate aut incidunt debitis.

Non eos et quod quod. Consequatur dignissimos quis nisi eum. Quos ipsam placeat dolorem quia dolores non. Tempore voluptates dolor ea dolor dolores praesentium inventore. Ullam corporis est sed id sunt nemo inventore. Accusantium dolores voluptas sint reprehenderit ex nihil nihil quia. Est eligendi provident amet facere consequatur voluptas.

Alias voluptatem maxime quod corporis est. Omnis cupiditate et non et facere eaque distinctio.

Totam quisquam aut blanditiis sit a earum placeat. Et iusto voluptas quo aliquid consequuntur voluptate aliquam. Ut ratione quia doloremque quisquam vel aliquam distinctio.

Yinz in the flesh

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”