Deciding between IB return offer and MBB FT offer -- career advice needed.
I’m deciding between two full-time offers and could use some outside perspective.
Last summer I interned at a respected bank, liked my team, and got a return offer. I was planning to go back, but I recently received a FT offer from MBB in a city I’d prefer to be in. Now I’m not sure which way to go.
A few points about me: I’m not very interested in private equity long-term. If I went the banking route, I might recruit for PE as a short-term step before moving into a corporate/strategic finance position. My real goal is to eventually work at a tech company, F500, or startup in a strategy/operations type role, but I’m still figuring that part out. Consulting seems more aligned with those interests, but I also feel like I put in a lot of effort to land banking in the first place.
Questions on my mind:
– If I decline the bank offer, does that burn bridges in a way that could come back later?
– For someone not set on investing, which experience would be most beneficial
– Curious what people here would choose in my spot.
– Is consulting as shaky as people say right now? How common are delayed start dates?
– What are the right questions to be asking myself here? Anything I might be overlooking?
Thank you!!
Consectetur accusantium et est excepturi et. Velit ut velit totam et quibusdam laboriosam. Ut illum in et illo et dolorum.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...