Difference between a 3.64 and a 3.7 optics?
I'm one decimal point below a rounded 3.7 and it infuriates me. Be real with me, is there a statistically significant impact on my recruiting if I had a 3.7 vs 3.64?
I'm one decimal point below a rounded 3.7 and it infuriates me. Be real with me, is there a statistically significant impact on my recruiting if I had a 3.7 vs 3.64?
| +137 | Piper Sandler in talks to acquire PWP | 61 | 10h |
| +125 | Interns without return offers, careers & perspective | 11 | 18h |
| +114 | UBS Appears to be Exploring Sale | 15 | 3h |
| +110 | Just One More Year | 11 | 2d |
| +82 | Are all these UBS postings bullshit? | 21 | 20h |
| +76 | Bringing Deals as a Vice President | 24 | 3h |
| +66 | Paradise Is Paradise | 5 | 22h |
| +37 | Q&A | Investment Banking Analyst, UBS | 2 years in investment banking | 11 | 1d |
| +35 | Q&A | Incoming Associate, Bulge Bracke, AMA: Career switcher (tech sales/BD → MBA → BB TMT IB), return offer | (6 years in Tech/Accounting) | 6 | 5d |
| +32 | M&A is Paradise | 1 | 2d |
Career Resources
bump
Just upgrade it. I straight up lied and I'm going FT. Changing 3.64 to 3.7 is literally no big deal.
I'll get ms for this and you'll get a bunch of other replies to "play fair" or "get better" or "no don't do it", but these people are either:
1) Actively recruiting (aka your competitors and are lessening their competition)
2) Already in the industry (aka no skin in the game, their situation is irrelevant to you)
You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. The higher your GPA, the better it is. No exceptions. Leave no room for doubt 4 months from now when recruitment is over and you sit back to think "was it a 0.01 GPA difference that flagged me? or was I just not good enough?"
I gladly lied about >0.3 GPA and I have no regrets, I was polished enough and knew my shit to deserve the job. Maybe I couldn't have gotten the job without changing my GPA, but who cares anymore, it changed the life trajectory of me and my family.
Zero regrets, just do it.
Thank you for the honest take. In your opinion, what would be the best gpa in terms of risk-reward ratio to raise it to. I know you lied >0.3 dec places, but for me who's not too high but also not too low, would it be 3.7, 3.8?
A counter to that is I got into a top BB with a 3.3 and thought about lying but decided to maintain my integrity. OP, whatever you do, just make sure that your perceived reward from changing 3.64 > 3.7 outweighs the potential risk which ranges from nothing to being rescinded and disciplined by your university for academic dishonesty
What did you put as your gpa lmao
Did the same thing with no repercussions
Quidem soluta et consequatur eveniet blanditiis sint suscipit. Totam fugiat dolores cupiditate adipisci id modi doloremque aut. Illo aliquam aperiam quam perferendis doloremque. Culpa molestiae alias eum aut. Pariatur qui eum adipisci nulla atque ea. Et quibusdam facilis laudantium.
Accusantium nobis repellat itaque nulla ex nesciunt et. Ullam eligendi officia tenetur aut a quod. Itaque quibusdam ducimus eum quisquam atque dolores labore. Distinctio sit neque repellendus labore laboriosam occaecati et et. Fuga eligendi dignissimos nobis aperiam. Sunt corrupti aliquid occaecati error sunt ratione qui.
Rerum accusantium nulla et odio. Qui est dolores incidunt dicta pariatur. Error ut eaque corporis ad. Nobis ut perferendis omnis iure.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...