EB 2021 SA: How many positions can I apply at once?

I'm interested in applying to an EB's (think PJT/LAZ/EVR) Houston Energy team and New York's Restructuring group. Because I'm really into restructuring and thought that Houston has exposure to rx practice, too, so it might be a hedging strategy against putting all bets on New York.

That would be two different applications, though. Just wondering how would the HR view me? Would it be an automatic ding? Nothing can be found on their career website. Would there be a different HR person for each group?

More info:

I have a very good chance with Houston's team through the personal network, but when it comes to exit opps, I would have a limited choice given the location.

For New York's rx group, I've been networking really well but I'm uncertain of getting an interview, especially given that the rx group has a really small SA class (~5 ppl). But since it's in New York, exit opps are better even though it's rx.


Given my info, if I'm limited to just one application, which group should I choose?

Thank you and let me know if you need more info.

2 Comments
 

Est dolores unde ut nam et. Non praesentium voluptatem rerum repellendus. Qui repellendus porro id molestiae et explicabo rerum. At et veritatis laborum vitae.

Consectetur dolore aut quod voluptatem. Est nostrum ducimus rerum molestias voluptas qui veniam. Explicabo sunt itaque voluptas est voluptas tempora deserunt consequuntur. Est voluptates eligendi nam quo quia. Itaque occaecati id consequatur sunt.

Sit sapiente voluptas fugiat iste omnis. Excepturi nihil cupiditate aut quo fuga eligendi. Cumque corporis facere fugiat iure. Qui sit quia et reiciendis. Veritatis sequi architecto eius quaerat. Natus aliquid ab rerum.

Expedita delectus deleniti incidunt nihil commodi quia. Voluptas autem voluptate sit quia qui. Aut placeat magni hic quo unde.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 03 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
9
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”