ur a man? ya no chance in todays political environment. suh dude

Nah not if you post “Official May 12 prestige rankings”

Was pretty underwhelming. All the good analysts recruit FT for pe and the rest are diversity / only got in through connections, and wouldn’t have been technically capable enough to get in on their own merit.

I helped run recruiting for my UMM and was surprised at the lack of competent EVR analysts the HH put in front of us. Friend at an MF said similar stuff - class size has gotten so large it’s meaningfully more difficult to screen from the bank and thus diluted the exits

Ngl this bums me out as a white dude who will be with EVR next summer - hopefully this dud class isn’t a new standard. Was optimizing for PE exits

nice to see the repercussions of aggressive diversity recruiting in effect

What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you truly believe that poor placement is a result solely because of minorities? Or rather the logical route that the combination of accelerated interviews with an objectively underprepared interviewee base and higher analyst headcount diminishes a banking group’s % of on-cycle placement.

Yes, I believe it is, in large part, due to recruiting efforts that are not purely meritocratic. “underprepared interviewee base” doesn’t hold up cuz kids from other EBs placed well. expansion of class size holds up until you consider shittier placement than prior classes (both per capita and in aggregate).

Do I think that giving people advantages for immutable characteristics in a zero-sum environment dilutes class quality when benchmarking against classes that emphasize merit? Of course. Would you have this same reaction to my sentiment if Duke basketball started taking more 5 foot 8 Asian guys and then sent way less guys to the league? Of course not.

Controversial

Just my 2 cents as a SA in M&A. A lot of the kids here are hard working and sharp (when it comes to pure numbers & accounting), but are sheep from business schools who just did technicals since their finance club friends were all doing it and don't really understand businesses & investing. Especially the kids from UC Berkeley, UT Austin, USC, Ivey. The kids from Harvard/other Ivies/non finance major schools are better since they learned the technicals bc of genuine interest in investing. This may explain mediocre exits.

I'm sure some do, but a good amount of these biz school kids are just going thru the motions of studying technicals, doing banking, etc bc all their finance major friends are doing it... they aren't motivated by an intrinsic interest in how businesses work

Kids from semi-targets and non-targets are grilled harder in technicals, have to network harder to get interviews, and work harder on the desk (not that I like them because some of them can be real hardos) than the kids coming from target schools that you mentioned. It's easier for the interviewers to justify taking a target kid which makes getting in from the other schools much harder. The competition pool is also bigger at the non-targets given the student population. Based on everything, I really don't get your rationale for why target school kids are superior. The same kid from a non-target getting into EVC NY would likely get into MF PE analyst role if they were at a target (where people with "genuine" interest in investing probably go)

Chill, that's just not true. A kid from Harvard/Yale/Princeton actually has a harder when it comes to boutique interviews since they don't have finance classes to learn the material, and those schools don't have the finance culture to study technicals (ie a lot has to be self taught and initiated). Compare that to a Ivey or USC where there is a finance major, 75% of your friends are recruiting (peer pressure), your undergrad finance club is telling you how interviews will go, etc. There's a reason you don't see many Harvard/MIT/Stanford/Ivy league kids at EVR... you think it's because they don't want the job?

SLP analyst program is dead and Bain seems to have been a bloodbath this year. Curious to see what happens going forward.

Quo sed temporibus mollitia nemo rerum porro debitis laudantium. Ea totam sint qui earum. Iusto qui similique qui culpa a.

Molestiae qui asperiores eveniet. Explicabo ad maiores iure molestiae. Officiis debitis magnam assumenda necessitatibus iure dicta omnis. Rem rerum veritatis corrupti enim quo quia.

Corporis voluptates perferendis eius similique laudantium iusto tenetur. In dolores ad est minus sit. Mollitia quas dolore voluptate omnis quis repudiandae. Dolor provident assumenda a deleniti fuga et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”