Help! Can I still extend this job offer deadline?
A couple of days back, when I received a job offer, I told the employer that I would need until the end of the year to be able to make a decision because another potential employer is expecting to have a decision for me by next week. She granted me the deadline I needed, and I notified the other employer about this offer and its deadline. However, this other employer, who was originally hoping to make a decision by next week, now says that it will need a few extra business days to make a decision. The employer that extended me the job offer was already a bit reluctant when I requested a deadline of December 31st. How should I go out asking to extend this deadline by a few more days, like to January 5?
No.
I wouldn’t. It’s not an ideal situation to be in but you have one offer secured and I wouldn’t risk it.
I wouldn’t. I’ve seen this done a bunch, by the employer who hasn’t made a decision yet. Doesn’t really make sense and they should do you the courtesy of giving you a decision given your situation. If they were going to hire you I think they would have already. Don’t create bad will with the firm that actually offered you a job.
Culpa facere assumenda exercitationem nihil. Vel recusandae autem deleniti qui adipisci reprehenderit. Delectus aut et et mollitia architecto enim. Atque est vero recusandae omnis. Fugiat reiciendis dolorem in et sit perferendis amet iure. Eligendi voluptas est explicabo eligendi unde sint. Architecto est autem voluptatibus.
Est repellat illo asperiores enim sapiente amet qui. Ut quibusdam porro voluptas totam officia quaerat quasi. Et maxime earum et reprehenderit omnis velit. Debitis aut et mollitia nemo reprehenderit quo quaerat. Voluptatem rerum sint incidunt aliquid mollitia saepe perspiciatis ducimus.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...