January 2024 London Off-Cycle advice

Hello guys, I'm a French student and I just graduated from a bachelor degree in Economics, management and law in June (grades of 15,67/20,which seems to be a 4.0). I will join a 3rd tier business school in France (Skema, Audencia, Grenoble) for a Programme Grande École (master program in business school France) and I'm looking for an off cycle position in London in ECM, DCM or LevFin. I already have 3 good experience but only one finance related : -5 months intern as a financial analyst at the Banque De France (France Central Bank), where I analyze companies financial and extra financial reports to rate them (its a mix between valuation, rating, economic research). -3 months in a HR cabinet (the consulting division of a big HR group, tailor made recruitment). Nothing financial, but good learning experience in PPT presentations, and in depth customer service. -3 years of Junior Entreprise, 1,5 as president a student association who works like a consulting cabinet (we sell market studies, quantitative researches...). I saved the ass of the JE by myself and I recruited a team of 15 guys. In 4 months, 60k turnover, nothing big but good for students. - I am working for 2 years on a start up project (a fintech) . I have the national student entrepreneur status.-Add to that summer job to win money, 3 months in a cinema + 9 years of a team sport at the highest national level in junior team (+ highest amateur level in senior team) - I speak 4 languages (French, English, Spanish, Chinese) -I can use tableau, R, Python Realistically, what are my chance to get an Off-Cycle? I just saw the JPM offers, but apart from Laz/Rot, there aren't a lot of things. I can network like a spider if needed.Is this good enough for LevFin or ECM? One last thing, I can apply as a diversity student, even though I don't think it will improve my chances (unless I contact people from minorities). Sorry if I was too long!What are your thoughts?

1 Comments
 

Et libero perferendis fugit. Et alias ea id doloribus fugiat. Nihil unde dolorem cumque quisquam eum earum architecto. At fugit dolorem unde vel.

Modi quod in recusandae aut vel quae non. Dolor ex eos voluptatem provident quia sed porro qui. Excepturi voluptate accusamus consectetur. Vel ducimus voluptatem quisquam unde voluptas nam quis. Error in sed minima ducimus provident.

Aut dolorem est doloremque quibusdam dolorem. Minus veniam ea atque reiciendis dolor. Aut ratione et aut laboriosam eius optio eos. Sed aliquid omnis maxime sed necessitatibus aliquid. Et corporis iusto maxime magnam repudiandae perspiciatis deleniti labore.

Ipsa optio reiciendis dolor quia facere aut. Repellendus accusamus officiis ullam sed vero quod ratione. Quod et earum velit nihil. Quia esse nihil mollitia cupiditate.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”