Lincoln International 2021 thoughts?

Curious to hear everyone's updated thoughts on Lincoln at this time - heard they're looking to recruit to gain market share atm but what's their deal flow / culture / exit opps looking like this yr and the next? Any thoughts on non-US offices?

Controversial

Can only speak about Lincoln's TMT group in NY/SF as this is the only group I'm familiar with. Overall thoughts are that the TMT group is doing well with strong deal flow and more and more deals approaching $1B in size. You heard correctly in that Lincoln as a whole is looking to expand right now and gain market share.

Deal Flow: Strong deal flow in TMT as this is an area which Lincoln has invested the most in growing out. Brought over a bunch of new MDs, Directors, VPs from other EB/MM/BB banks and are aggressively growing market share in MM TMT. The TMT group is the best positioned group to weather the slowdown in M&A deal activity because of COVID-19. Even despite the halt in M&A activity, the TMT group is still closing deals and picking up new deals.

Culture: Good culture with seniors not really caring much about facetime. Analysts have good work/life balance.

Exit Opps: Pretty standard exits to MM/UMM PE and Corp Dev with the occasional MF. A lot of analysts stay on as associates through the A2A program or go and get their MBA to do something else.

Most Helpful

What are you talking about??? No one, and I repeat, NO ONE from Lincoln is placing into UMM PE. There’s maybe 1 person at most placing into MM funds > $1 billion. It’s probably zero actually.

Stop spreading bullshit information please. Lincoln is a solid MM platform that does well in smack-middle market deals in the $100-300mm space. Sure, sometimes you do bigger deals but that is not common. You can exit into LMM PE funds around $300-800mm, but even then it’s difficult because they still rather hire analysts from BBs/EBs and better MM firms like Blair, Baird, HW, HL, etc. Please do not misinform people by spreading bullshit. It’s a good middle market platform and a great place for career bankers in that space. No need to try to hype it up to something its not

Funniest

They hosted an event and they went to a bar afterwards. My friends and I went to the same bar and saw them. Wasn't on purpose, we just went to the same place. They had a bar tab for themselves, but I knew the senior guys name and put my drinks on the tab. They either never noticed or didn't care. For that, they're one of my favorite banks

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (89) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”