47 Comments
 

Yep IBD. MS prefer off-cycles (~90% conversion) whereas neither Citi/BofA have taken off-cycles (think BofA opened off-cycles this year for the first time).

MS typically cull most/all the UK undergraduates and about half the European ones

 

that's so pathetic from MS honestly I see why they convert the OCs as they need them for longer than a 9 week intern that barely knows jack but that's honestly such scum behaviour from them

yeah the majority of the MS office is European, I can speak about that first hand, again I don't understand because for me it makes the interview so much harder vs other firms I've interviewed at because there's a stronger language barrier that the interviewer has to overcome vs when I interview with a UK undergraduate student who has picked up the language better

fuck MS though honestly it's actually the bank I've had a displeasure of interviewing with in terms of horror stories vs JPM GS etc

 

They ask the weirdest questions of all the IB firms I've had so far, super technical despite my background being the most non-finance one can get which other firms take into account

The call connection quality on their end is piss poor, last year i waited 7 weeks for a TI after my HV and I frankly thought they were mocking the situation, only recently did they fix their HR recruitment issues

The people there are always on edge, can't converse well, can't take humour well and a few other things. I think it's because they're behind GS and JPM and they work so hard they forget that it's just a job at the end of the day. My conversations with GS and JPM people I've networked with are so much easier. 

 

If I'm a UK undergraduate with an offer, no DEI, should I keep recruiting and try for a place with a higher return rate for UK students? 

 

Ad ipsam dolorem similique vero voluptates veniam dolores. Placeat necessitatibus cumque neque at eos et. Aperiam molestiae aut porro sint eos.

Nobis alias nam voluptas deserunt cum animi animi. Saepe praesentium ipsum error. Doloremque fugiat incidunt autem alias est sit non eos.

Est molestias sequi odio eius. Maxime corrupti ea facere porro. Voluptas ducimus quo et iste. Occaecati sed aut culpa cumque voluptatem. Voluptatem recusandae sed occaecati quibusdam omnis alias.

Et sed optio id debitis. Est vero laudantium quo nulla asperiores rerum. Nam tenetur vel sit expedita magnam. Eum accusamus autem magnam illum consequatur commodi. Alias aut ea architecto praesentium voluptatem at distinctio est. Iste earum consequatur qui esse error quia. Et dolor unde dolorem voluptatum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”