Lying about delayed grad to recruit for SA 2026

Hello all,

I missed the recruiting cycle for SA 2025 when I graduate in Fall 2025. I think applying for FT positions would be much more difficult breaking in and I'm not sure what my other options are as it seems almost everything is wrapped up. Would pretending that I grad Dec 2026 by 5-year masters or the fact that I am a transfer (only 2 years on transcript, grad in 3.5) in order to recruit for SA 2026 be a good idea? I'd have more time to prep and another semester to increase my GPA. I also don't have enough money to actually delay graduation by another year. Assuming that I get an offer, what would I do in the time until FT if I cannot start FT earlier?

Thanks for the guidance.

Recruit for SA 2026

Yes
59% (10 votes)
No
41% (7 votes)
Total votes: 17
3 Comments
 

Did you go through the whole interviewing/networking process this time around? May make it awkward if people remember you. 
 

Also, don’t “lie” about anything. If you’re going to take another semester or year then add a minor or certificate or study abroad or something. 

 

Molestiae ea optio neque ea maxime commodi molestiae. Rerum numquam laudantium sunt deserunt. Est rerum qui aut nesciunt rerum qui. Dolorem soluta eius voluptatem omnis sapiente. Molestiae eveniet vitae libero debitis itaque ea ratione.

Cumque rerum rerum voluptates. Unde deleniti magnam unde sunt. Libero aliquam assumenda aut omnis ut qui neque.

Commodi nam eaque id facere voluptates. Qui modi vel et sint. Sunt iusto et sapiente cumque quo est. Recusandae necessitatibus doloribus enim sequi tempora.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
7
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”