Morgan Stanley: 580 layoffs may come from NYC

Today Bloomberg reported that Morgan Stanley (MS) announced 580 of the 1600 layoffs announced last month may come from NYC.

A not so nice Christmas present....


http://tradingevents.blogspot.com/2011/12/morgan-…

18 Comments
 

^^ agree, I dont think associates are safe though... Vps are prolly more safe since what they do is somewhat imporatant,,,,, assoicates I feel like are analysts that make more money, so they whould just keep more analyst and get rid of the associates I am guessing. I guess its true thoough that if there is no associates then they wouldnt really need VP's so I dont know I think everyone will be effect except analysts.

I want a lady on the street, but a freak in the bed, Go Bucks!!
 

Sorry when I said VP I ment MD,

You are correct sir, VP's are most susceptible to the "guillotine". I am sorry for my misleading response. :D

Mr. LeoMessi

I want a lady on the street, but a freak in the bed, Go Bucks!!
 

Associates/VP's are most likely to be cut. Analysts are cheap and do most of the work, and MD's are too valuable to lose.

The guys in the middle don't bring in business but are well-compensated. Expect them to go first.

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
 

Amet aut quam est et. Doloribus dolorum ut unde labore cum repudiandae. Asperiores et quia qui et minima modi. Minus tempora quia molestiae eligendi aut voluptas et ipsam. Non dolor et nam at consequuntur dolorum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”