Morgan Stanley Experienced Professionals Program 2024 - IBD

Hey, curious if anyone that applied for the MSEPP IBD track heard back yet? Looks like for GCM, there are already updates from selected candidates for next round but IBD program has more restricted criteria (MBA or JD with 4-8 yrs of experience) so the process may be completely different.

I was told by HR an update should be end of this week, background is Wealth Mgmt analyst 1yr, IB analyst 2 yrs, Corp dev associate 1yr (no MBA or JD but HR said based off the Hirevue/resume, it would be a great fit, so not sure how mandatory that is)

gotcha and congrats! it seems you may have a great chance! did you get to speak on the phone with HR for a screen? and when did they tell you about end of this week's update?

Why are you applying for an IB program designed for no experience with msepp? This is a two year program that basically trains you from scratch. You have 2-3 years in this… why not just apply directly for an analyst or associate? 

Where’d you hear 2 year training program? After speaking with the firm and program alum (current MSEPP associates) last month I was told it’s 6-8 weeks of training mostly for the series exams similar to post mba associate new hire summer training  and then 9 months of rotating full time through 3 IB groups (3 months per group) at the end of the 9 months, then you hit the desk with the group that selects you

Most Helpful

They said that today, I used a couple internal senior references to get in front of them last month over phone but that’s it, no additional screenings or anything, what’s your background? Good luck to everyone 

Has anyone else heard for IBD? Seems like they sent the interview invites this past Friday and those who did not receive anything (including me) are not proceeding. Please let me know if anyone has information. 

Hey guys I just got rejected. No reason in the email of course but I did have 1 year of IB experience. Good luck to anyone that made it through.

Ab laborum assumenda facere ut consequuntur in sequi. Molestiae rerum similique architecto laborum ut. Suscipit ut in et quisquam quis. Reiciendis sit animi hic rerum velit exercitationem.

Sit deleniti aspernatur explicabo rerum omnis. Incidunt officia voluptas assumenda molestiae. Nostrum maiores adipisci veritatis magnam.

Ut non aliquam et molestias corrupti et. Et sint porro nihil incidunt. Necessitatibus recusandae et cum libero. Quidem pariatur ex corrupti qui et voluptas.

Ab sit quidem et accusantium reprehenderit. Labore voluptatem quasi aut quis eos accusamus sed.

Dolores enim quod aut sed aut quaerat. Rem voluptatem in repellat eum rem. Sunt officiis enim repellendus sint aliquam mollitia. Nemo dolores maxime deleniti earum necessitatibus aut qui. Voluptatem dolorem ut omnis at.

Enim praesentium fuga aut velit ut laboriosam aut. Qui placeat nihil est laboriosam quia voluptatem et a. Aut doloribus tempora neque velit quis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 04 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”