MSc Finance 2022 for top IB

Hi, okay so I am targeting IB in the future so i've got several questions:

1) Bayes (Cass) - there seem to be many negative opinions about it here, however, its #25 worldwide in FT rankings? Is it not a target school? Is it recognised outside of UK?

2) UCL - Everyone here believes it to be an IB target school due to its reputation, however, its nowhere to be found in any rankings? So is it really a target school for finance?

3) Esade - Its #15 worldwide in FT, is it a target school in UK? Also, is Spains financial status right now going to affect the prestige of Esade's master?

Lastly, which would you choose to be employed in top IB both in UK and internationally?

Really need help and responces ASAP please

Thanks guys 

- Cass isn't a target school

- UCL isn't a target at postgraduate level, it is only considered good at the undergrad level

- Esade isn't a target

I would choose none. Also we're in May, it's very late if you want to apply for a start next year.

I guess it's a target in Spain, but I've never seen anyone in IB/finance in London coming from there.

Most Helpful

??? That says more about you than anything. Literally a 3 minute search on Linkedin found me people at GS/ JP/ MS… And the same goes for Bayes & UCL. This notion that there are like 4 targets comes from ppl who are actually not involved in the recruiting or have never been. I had to do my share of CV screening and, even if I come from a different school than those, would never ding them based on that. It would literally check the box of “good school”, like any other T15 school for that matter.

To the OP I would suggest to give more info about you for a better rec. If you already have experience in the industry + fluent in a european language (apart from english) then schools are not crucial (as long as its T15-20). If that’s not the case then I’d suggest going to London schools for easier recruiting. Also, May 1st seems to late to apply. Would recommend doing a shortlist of 5 schools you feel you would fit in (talk to alumni) and trying next year. If you don’t have experience rn, try getting it already (will help with application + recruiting).

Blanditiis sed eligendi cumque voluptatem necessitatibus atque dolore. Dolor et qui dolores in aliquid. Dolor rem rerum porro officia quaerat autem. Blanditiis ducimus ut natus deserunt laborum quisquam. Quasi qui est atque sed qui laborum.

Sunt aperiam sed aut. At qui ut commodi iure voluptatem voluptatem. Et asperiores consequatur cum qui sunt neque.

Et delectus ut praesentium doloribus ad temporibus sed. Qui ea vel dicta non expedita. Dolores alias illo occaecati ea repudiandae facilis. Omnis repellendus omnis reprehenderit aut aut et ut.

Nihil et commodi non ullam aut. Nulla quibusdam rerum perferendis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”