Rising Junior behind on 2022 SA recruiting need advice

It seems like a lot of 2022 SA positions are closing and to be honest I was fairly behind throughout the process. Did minimal networking and only a few Superdays/interviews. So as positions are pretty much getting filled at many banks I'm wondering what to try and do next. I'm sure there are still a bunch of MMs, boutiques, or even a few BBs still recruiting for IB or IB related roles but I'm wondering how to find some of these smaller lesser known roles or banks and find out how to apply/the best ways to network with people at these banks that may not have public or open apps.

Another option I have is a family friend who is an MD at a BB where I'm 99% sure they've finished recruiting. I've spoken to him on the phone briefly once about his bank and he took my resume to pass it around but with little success. Would it be worth it to reach out to him on the off chance his division has any openings or would an MD not really have any role in the hiring process beyond forwarding a resume to HR?

Any and all advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

11 Comments
 
Most Helpful

Deutsche Bank, Stifel, Harris Williams, KBW, UBS, BNP Paribas, Macquarie, DC Advisory, Truist, Stephens, Raymond James, HSBC, Oppenheimer, Needham, Canaccord Genuity, etc are all still recruiting. Try these places. Some may be finishing their processes, but a lot haven't started yet. If you can't find an application online, go on LinkedIn and cold email bankers with similar backgrounds to you asking to set up a phone call. Do this even if you can find an application. I went to a small liberal arts college and had a lot of success cold emailing those who had gone to similar colleges. Got a ~20% response rate.

Edit: was in your shoes until last week, when I accepted an offer at a BB/EB. Do not give up.

 

Thanks this is really helpful! At this point do you recommend applying to these just on the careers site or waiting a bit and trying to network/get a refferal at these firms first?

 

Nesciunt sapiente asperiores consectetur odit adipisci iure vel. Quo est sit est quibusdam vel recusandae ab. Omnis accusantium modi aliquid magnam et. Consequatur praesentium delectus laudantium et nulla similique aperiam. Distinctio sed fugiat quis.

Fuga eligendi quibusdam mollitia quo quod. Dolorem dolores quo libero magnam officia odio. Recusandae consequatur facilis ut eos ipsam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”