2024 Associate Recruiting

First year analyst (almost 2nd year) at a MM in a solid group in NYC. PE inbounds have been very dry, especially compared to what I’ve heard from other people who have been through the process (albeit at bigger banks). Curious to hear the experience of other analysts out there. 
 

I’ve been considering lateraling to better my exit opps, but that market is very dry now too obviously. Otherwise, just waiting it out and hoping things pick up during my 2nd year. I don’t want to be in the position where I don’t get the associate offer from my current bank and I’m fighting the clock to find a new job, so definitely stressing a bit. 
 

Let me know any thoughts! Thanks!

1 Comments
 

Consequatur voluptas debitis id eum rerum excepturi. Recusandae adipisci laboriosam animi possimus alias ut adipisci.

Aut perspiciatis accusantium ipsa sequi facere tempore qui. Aut adipisci rerum deserunt laudantium reiciendis earum. Hic ea eligendi ducimus voluptate optio corrupti nisi.

Cum id ut alias consequatur assumenda nostrum rerum non. Molestiae necessitatibus illo rerum natus. Illo enim laboriosam odit quidem ut quod omnis.

Ut quia ullam omnis consequatur. Distinctio nam iure quisquam. Voluptatem qui sint iste ratione totam. Distinctio cumque similique et ut natus inventore.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”