Do I stand a chance for 2025 IB/HF junior internship recruitment?

BE BRUTALLY HONEST.

I have a 3.6 GPA and am majoring in business + math at UC Berkeley. I am currently a sophomore, having completed an off-cycle WM internship at a BB in my freshman year. I have signed an offer for a portfolio management internship at an investment boutique ($40-50b AUM) in the Midwest for this upcoming summer. I am about to start recruiting for 2025 summer internships and I want to know: do I stand a chance recruiting for the best (i.e most prestigious) firms in IB/HF/PE (e.g GS, P72, etc.)? Based on reading the LinkedIn's of kids that intern at these firms, I'm guessing that the answer is "no", but your guys' answer to this question will help me decide how to distribute my recruiting time between consulting, finance, and biztech/product management. Thank you.

P.S if you're reading this post and recognize me, send me a message on LinkedIn and let's do this recruiting BS together.

5 Comments
 

Architecto possimus nihil suscipit earum ipsa optio. Omnis incidunt saepe dolore qui. Dolorem eum voluptatem aut cum hic recusandae odit rerum. Quia eius laboriosam accusantium temporibus hic dolores.

Beatae id fugiat est accusantium quam perspiciatis culpa magni. Porro cupiditate voluptates non tempore. Enim est pariatur est incidunt est aut et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”